Wanted - 1915-16 Dodge Brothers roadster

Guest CDNDCPD

Guest CDNDCPD

Looking to purchase 1915 or 1916 Dodge Roadster in driver condition. Do not want a project and do not want something that needs to be painted. Some TLC or mechanical work is OK. An older restoration that needs a bit of freshening would be ideal. A period correct, well made pickup truck roadster would be great too. Will condsider other interesting pre-1920 Dodges but no fixed top cars. Any military model with documents to validate that would also be desirable.

It is important for me to be able to have this up and running for the summer events

Please contact batfan AT mnsi DOT net if you have any leads

Thanks very much

• 2 months later...
Guest texasgal

My grandfather has a restored 1915 dodge roadster that he has been trying to sell. He hasn't even drove it since he restored it. We are in Texas. Is that to far? If you are interested I can send you some pictures. Thanks

Guest CDNDCPD

Yes, I am interested. Please contact me direct at the email address I put in the first posting. Was it restored to original specifications and appearance ? What color is it ? Is there anything left to be completed ?

thanks very much

Guest CDNDCPD

Hi texasgal - I am interested in the car and Texas is not too far for the right one. I would like to see some pictures and discuss the car. I am usually not in a rush when dealing with these things but there is a very important event in June that I would want to have the car ready for so I would like to find out quickly if this is something I want to pursue. Please contact me at batfan AT mnsi DOT net as I check that more often than here

thank you

• 4 weeks later...
Guest CDNDCPD
My grandfather has a restored 1915 dodge roadster that he has been trying to sell. He hasn't even drove it since he restored it. We are in Texas. Is that to far? If you are interested I can send you some pictures. Thanks

Dang that was false hope .... never heard anything further

Guest CDNDCPD
Have a customer with a 1926 Dodge touring. Any interest? If so I'll check to see if it's still avail.

Thank you for the offer but I want to stick to the years where the Brothers were still alive. I was hoping to find something for June but that looks very unlikely at this point

thanks again

Guest CDNDCPD
1919 Dodge up for auction> Cant get any better than this. Used in the movie (Its a Wonderful Life) Brothers were still around-died in Jan-Dec of 1920.

This would be great to bring to the 100 year Bicentennial in Det.

Thanks for the heads-up but unfortunately I did not see it until the auction ended. Is that car considered a fairly accurate restoration ?

I am really hoping for a roadster but the movie history gives it something extra. I am not the type of person to attach a great monetary value to it being in a movie (or owned by a famous person) but it does give it a little more interest.

thanks again

I will be at the Centennial but I don't think I will be officially attending anything - more like hanging around the hotel looking at the cars etc