EO28 3rd gear circuit..

Black_Baby

Right now my black baby is seemingly running and driving well. But the codes I pulled this evening shows the EO28 as a current issue? Drove the car about 40 miles and didn't really notice or feel anything. So, I did some research and seems there is a wire that is/may be grounding out. Any ideas on the location or color of this wire? With the car operating ok, how far would ya'll drive it? I'd hate to trash a tranny (hold the gay jokes til after the issue is fixed) at this point.

Last questions, how do I reset the codes? I'm thinking I may have blown past that screen or bailed out to early. It's kinda cold down here on the Gulf Coast and I didn't spend too much time in the garage. Does all the codes disappear once reset? BTW, this evening was the first time I'd ever even been into the code part of the CRT. As always guys, thanks for all the ideas.

Codes E027,28,29 can show up on occasion when I check codes in my car. They are not going to hurt the operation of the transmission. They have no effect on how the transmission shifts or how the car drives. There are switches inside the transmission that send information to the ECM about what gear the transmission is in. I don't know for sure, but I guess that information is used in to optimize spark timing and fuel delivery. I don't know what sets the code but I imagine the switches are sticking or the transmission is not in the gear the ECM is expecting.

You should get to know the diagnostic booklet really well. It is your best friend when troubleshooting your Reatta. This page will help you understand how to reset the codes using the diagnostic screen. You can also disconnect the battery for a minute or so to reset the codes.

I may not know the book well yet, but at least I try to research my issue before just asking. This is a whole bunch like my commandery meetings, right now I'm taking a "whipping on the memory work", but I'm new to that also. But I do have another question, the little triangles at the bottom, what is their significance?

I may not know the book well yet, but at least I try to research my issue before just asking. This is a whole bunch like my commandery meetings, right now I'm taking a "whipping on the memory work", but I'm new to that also. But I do have another question, the little triangles at the bottom, what is their significance?
Read the diagnostic booklet!

• 10 months later...

I haven't had hardly any time to wrench on my car. Since Halloween I've had maybe 10 days off. The oil and gas business is keeping me out of trouble. I thinking I got another 5-6 weeks of this. By the time I get around to working on the car again I'll have to start all over at square one again.