1942 Plymouth Coupe body - parting out

I bought a '42 Plymouth Coupe body, mainly for one of the front fenders and the trunk springs. I am interested in selling off other parts. Let me know if you have any interest, and please pass this along if you know of any other '42 owners. I don't have a lot of storage. My plan is to take most of the removable parts off and the remainder will need to be scrapped.

This is just the body and associated parts such as trim, glass, and window mechanicals. No chassis, no drivetrain. This is in Portland, OR. grancoupe1970@hotmail.com

Here is a link to the ad I responded to, if you want to see some pictures, but it will likely be dead in a day or two:

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4284422132.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Dang, I was gonna ask if you had the glove box door. My '40 is missing the left trim piece on the door.

I might have one of those. I bought an extra glove box door a while back because I am missing the trim on the right. I'll take a look next weekend.

I noticed that the C-shaped parts that auburn seeker is looking for are different than the ones on my car.

post-71066-143142403679_thumb.jpg

Guest 1940windsor

Awesome. Thanks.

Looking at the trim, I like how yours has the ridged surround instead of the smooth. I have looked at a few '40 Windsors, all seem to have a different dash than mine. My Chrysler seems to have a Plymouth dash?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rodeo

Bought 42 plymouth coupe to restore with my twist on it no title trying to find one couldnt pass it up only paid $650 for it

Guest 1940windsor
I didn't get a chance to dig through the boxes last weekend. I'll try to look this coming weekend. (Lots of kid's sports going on right now.)

No worries. It isn't a critical, must have to get the car running part. I appreciate you looking when you get a chance. Found out today that I need a new master cylinder, started bleeding the brakes, fluid running out pretty badly.

Guest 1940windsor
Bought 42 plymouth coupe to restore with my twist on it no title trying to find one couldnt pass it up only paid $650 for it

Nice. Ask your local DMV to run the serial number. They may not have it on file or be able to find it from another state, in which case, they may issue you one. That is, if it has the data plate on it still.

My '40 had a title, but if it hadn't, I got lucky and found the original data plate inside the crumbling glove box.

Some states will issue title when a title has been lost, but the person who lost it has to sign an affidavit swearing they lost it.

I've recently learned that the 42 Plymouth coupe body is the same as the 1946-48 except for the front clip, trunk lid, and rear fenders, so anyone looking for body parts for those years should let me know.

These guys did a great job rebuilding my master cylinder: http://hagensautoparts.com/

Guest rodeo

I have brake cylinder for a 42 plymouth needs to b rebuilt also selling frame and suspinsion gonna use frame from a 95 dodge dakota xcab have to shortin 8 in perfect for what im doin

Guest 1940windsor

No worries. When you swap the door out, if your old one has the left vertical trim, I'd be interested, no matter the condition.