Need help identifying a headlight assembly

30DodgePanel

Thanks Leif for the reply, it does look close to the Buicks of that period but then the mounting bracket is different and the lamp socket is located in different location. In pic #1 you see the socket at an angle on the side.

I suppose it could be a different bezel that someone added (anything is possible with these ole cars) but I do believe the bezel is correct for this assembly however.

If you notice in the 1st and 2nd pic there are two slots in the side of the bezel, then in the 3rd and 5th pic you see a clasp on the lower left attached to the headlight bucket that has 2 prongs that fit into the bezel to hold it in place. This is why I say I believe it to be the correct bezel.

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Leif, thanks again for the reply

I don't think Buick ever made factory trucks though did they? I could be wrong though...

I know I've seen "Buckboards" that were made into trucks from Buick coupes or sedans but never seen a factory truck.

Buick is definitely the closest from what I can tell. Originally I thought is was Dodge or Graham Brothers truck which is why I purchased it at a local sale.

I don't think Buick ever made factory trucks though did they? I could be wrong though....

Oh yes Buick made trucks. What would you like to know about them? The lights above I do not believe are from a 1922 or 1923 truck. A 1922 would have that ornamental trim ring on the front like the cars of the era. They are for sure not from any trucks in the teens.

Oh yes Buick made trucks. What would you like to know about them? The lights above I do not believe are from a 1922 or 1923 truck. A 1922 would have that ornamental trim ring on the front like the cars of the era. They are for sure not from any trucks in the teens.

Larry, thanks for the reply

BUICK MADE TRUCKS !!? I'll be darn.

Amazing how much there is to learn about these old classics. Now you have me curious... share a few pics if you would please.

From Dammann's "70 years of Buick". Buick made trucks in the teens and 1922 & 23. The illustrations from the book are listed as 1923 Buick trucks. Two style headlights are seen, teardrop & drum.

The drum style appears to have a bright nickel trim ring. I'll see if I can find a lens diam to eliminate subject assembly or keep it in the "Buick" game.

post-44716-143142374415_thumb.jpg

post-44716-143142374425_thumb.jpg

Edited by drwatson (see edit history)

Leif,

The left one is what I was thinking for the trim ring with the design like the cars. That is why I believe the headlights are not Buick.

30DodgePanel:

Here are some pictures of my Buick truck. Mine is the green one. Four of the six pictures in the first line.

https://www.google.com/search?q=1915+buick+truck&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=L47uUoH_CKPNsQTU_IG4Bw&ved=0CDgQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=731

Here is a thread on this site with a lot of discussion on Buick Trucks.

http://forums.aaca.org/f115/buick-trucks-197297.html

Larry

Guys, thanks for the great photos and information on Buick trucks, very very interesting. Love the screenside BTW !

If not Buick, then maybe 1924-25 Duesenberg Model A?

I found this on theoldmotor.com said to be a 24 or 25 Duesenberg.

http://theoldmotor.com/?tag=duesenberg-model-a

post-69994-143142377216_thumb.jpg

Notice the bezel appears to be the same but I have not found a side view of this particular model of Duesenberg yet so it's hard to say. This is the only Duesenberg I found that has this same style bezel as the headlight I have.

Fleek,

do you know if Duesenberg headlights were stamped anywhere on the shell ?

The one you posted is very different than the Model A on theoldcar website. Can you elaborate on why such a difference in the same model line? Is it because one is a Phaeton or Touring and the other is Sedan or Coupe ? Quite a few differences the more I compare the two...even the glass or headlight lenses appear to be completely different.

I found this one on the web, it is said to be a 1925 Duesenberg Model A Phaeton.

It may be wishful thinking on my part but the bezel and the shell are very close. I only wish I could see the back of the headlights and where the plug outlet is on this 25 Phaeton.

post-69994-143142377264_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

BTT and trying to not get smothered by the many Cuban posts ....

Really, is there a need for that many separate Cuban posts ?

HEY MODS !!!! Kinda unfair to all the posts that folks have legitimate questions about isn't it ? ..:mad:

Ever heard of consolidation ?

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)

Sorry it upset you. He was only posting 3 or 4 pictures a day to identify and some of us were having a great time trying to identify the old cars still running in Cuba and encouraged him to post more. He was not familiar with American cars and need help identifying them for a project he was working on. All are done now and some of us had a great weekend helping with the project. Things should be back to normal.