What would you expect to pay for a repaint?

Guest TakinitEZ

Guest TakinitEZ

My 47 Conti Cab has acrylic lacquer (maroon) paint that has dried out and separated in a few areas. I definitely need to repaint some areas, but I'm wondering what to expect for a full job. I'm not able to pull all the chrome, etc. myself. I have been successfully restoring some of the lesser affected areas with Maguire's 7 and TRD but you can still see cracks on close inspection.

I'm in Bucks County, PA if anyone knows a good source for painting.

-T

A lot of the price would be disassembly of the car, also how many paint jobs are on it now and if it was painted over the original laquer, If the Laquer paint is under it most shops wont touch it until it is blasted to bare metal. When I was looking 10 years ago they told me 10 grand and that was after I stripped it and had it sand blasted.

Nowdays you can get a soda blaster to come to your house and blast the car cheap and you dont have to remove the glass or trim. Good luck with getting it done.

Guest TakinitEZ

Thanks V12Lincoln. I did a bit of calling around and the least I heard was $20k, well past my budget. Thinking touch up may be the best path in the short term. It was taken to bare metal before this layer of paint, repainted appx 30 years ago.