1937-38 DeSoto Coupe project left-overs for sale

alsfarms

Hello, The time has come for me to finish up a restoration of my 1937 DeSoto Business coupe. Along the way I picked up a rough coupe body as donor parts for my project. I will have several left-over parts that I will offer for sale. I will quarter cut up the donor coupe body hulk into pieces that may help you on your project, as follows:

1- Top of body (nice if you desire to chop one of these cars)

2- cowl section

3- left quarter

4- right quarter

5 - one 1938 DeSoto Coupe quarter trim piece

6- one 1937 DeSoto ribbed rear bumper with over-riders and brackets

7- all four fenders for patch repair donor tin

8- 1938 DeSoto grill to be a donor for parts

9- 1937 DeSoto rear 1/2 of 4-door sedan body

10- 1937 Desoto sedan trunk lid

11- 1938 DeSoto windshield frame

12- 1937 DeSoto pair of rear doors

13- 1937 Desoto Coupe Garnish molding

14- 1937 Desoto rear seat

Note, these parts are all unrestored and will need restoration/repair. If you are building a chopped coupe some of this stuff will help you. I am trying to keep my car as stock as I can, but I would like some early Chrysler Corp engine speed equipment. Drop a note, we are still in winter so when the snow leaves, I will make the stuff available at that time. I can send pictures as requested. I am sure this stuff could be used on other Chrysler Corp. cars for the same vintage to include Chrysler, Dodge and Plymouth.

Al

Hello, The time has come for me to finish up a restoration of my 1937 DeSoto Business coupe. Along the way I picked up a rough coupe body as donor parts for my project. I will have several left-over parts that I will offer for sale. I will quarter cut up the donor coupe body hulk into pieces that may help you on your project, as follows:

1- Top of body (nice if you desire to chop one of these cars)

2- cowl section

3- left quarter

4- right quarter

5 - one 1938 DeSoto Coupe quarter trim piece

6- one 1937 DeSoto ribbed rear bumper with over-riders and brackets

7- all four fenders for patch repair donor tin

8- 1938 DeSoto grill to be a donor for parts

9- 1937 DeSoto rear 1/2 of 4-door sedan body

10- 1937 Desoto sedan trunk lid

11- 1938 DeSoto windshield frame

12- 1937 DeSoto pair of rear doors

13- 1937 Desoto Coupe Garnish molding

Note, these parts are all unrestored and will need restoration/repair. If you are building a chopped coupe some of this stuff will help you. I am trying to keep my car as stock as I can, but I would like some early Chrysler Corp engine speed equipment. Drop a note, we are still in winter so when the snow leaves, I will make the stuff available at that time. I can send pictures as requested. I am sure this stuff could be used on other Chrysler Corp. cars for the same vintage to include Chrysler, Dodge and Plymouth.

Al

Hi, greetings from Germany!

I restore a 1938 Desoto business coupe. I look for a correct starter pedal rod. Do you happen to have one?

Could you also please help an give some more information to the 1938 DeSoto Coupe quarter trim piece?

Best regards

Mike

Hello Mike,

Sorry, I do not have a spare throttle pull rod for a 1938. If you can build one, I could send a picture of the rod on my 1937? I assume they would be the same for these two years. I will send you a picture of the rear quarter SS trim piece. You would have to determine if the cost of shipping is something you can deal with. It will be later today before I can get the picture of the trim. What part of Germany are you from? I had a son and his family live in Germany for a few years, in Heidelberg. We came to Germany for a visit and had a GREAT time. I could come back to Germany for another visit with no reservation. Please respond using a direct email if you can.

Regards,

Alan Dewsnup

Utah)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest StudioCityCowboy

I am interested in your price and shipping to 92508 Riverside Calif. Thanks Very much ! Hadley Davis 909-518-6502 May I see photos ?

p.s. Do you have the trunk latch beak that is bolted to the trunk floor ?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...