I WILL PAY $750 CASH TO DRIVE YOUR FORD COUPE FOR AN HOUR IN NY

Guest rflusser

Guest rflusser

I am in a bit of a bind! I'm looking for a late 30s-early 40s black Ford Coupe. I've been planning to propose to my girlfriend of 5 years for months now, and I had tracked down a guy with a 1939 Ford Deluxe Coupe who was going to set this all up -- his car was being repaired at the time, but he said there shouldn't be a problem getting it fixed in time -- unfortunately the repair guy got sick and nothing was done to the car.

My girlfriend is a writer, and her book just got bought by Harper Collins, coming out in the Spring of 2015. I am trying to recreate a scene from her book that includes a black Ford coupe.

My proposal is going to be on the morning of February 14th, and what I am asking for is to drive the car from 111th Street in Manhattan one block (I learned to drive on stick shifts, so no discomfort there), then straight on to the park roads in Central Park around the loop inside the park until I reach the Boathouse (inside Central Park). The entire drive is less than 20 minutes!!

If you know any one who has a car similar to the late 30s-early 40s Ford Coupes (preferably in black), I'm interested!! I'm not looking for the much boxier early 30s Fords. However, I would consider other makes of vehicles, if they are coupes and black in color (for example, the Studebaker Champion or Chevrolet Coupe). As long as it looks similar to the 1939 Ford Coupe below, I'm interested! Please let me know if there's anything you can do to help out! I'm scrambling now! Thanks!

3362_main_f.jpg

post-98794-143142360002_thumb.jpg

Edited by rflusser (see edit history)