1952 L110 transmision

This is a picture of the placard inside my 1952 L110. As you can see it shows reverse down to the right. However reverse is actually up to the right. The truck will engage into gear and spin the tires, but only if they are up up in the air. Before I attack the clutch and pressure plate, did international make a 4 speed with reverse up to the right? After finding that the starter was not original it would not surprise me if the trans was out of something else also. Lots of grease and grime prevent me from seeing any numbers on trans.

post-80786-14314235985_thumb.jpg

As I remember, the decal is the correct shifting patern. It is a little unusual for a 110 to have a 4 speed. Usually the 120's and bigger had them. But since the decal is there, I would assume it was ordered with one. International used a Borg-warner T-98 trans, as did several other manufacturers. Here is an article about the use of them in Jeeps that may help you. Most of the info would apply to yours also. http://www.novak-adapt.com/knowledge/t98.htm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Guest bschneid72

The pattern shown in your picture is for the non-syncro (double clutch) Borg-Warner T9 transmission. The Borg-Warner T98 transmission is the exact same case and gear ratios; however, it was synchronized and reverse was up to the right.