Some NOS parts I can't ID. I've searched all over and can't figure these out.

auburnseeker

I have some NOS parts I have been trying to ID and haven't had any luck. I've searched ebay, the Web and alot of vintage master catalogs but these applications still evade me. I've numbered them for ease.

Number one is a horn button. Studebaker used something very similar from about 1937-1941 but the emblem insert size is wrong and has the wrong prong configuration. Also the way the Studebaker one mounts is different than this one which appears to mount with 3 Machine screws much like a Mopar unit does.

post-43003-143142357767_thumb.jpg

Number 2 is a set of 6 what I believe are fender ornaments. 3 Right and 3 Left? The casting number is very similar to the style used by Studebaker in the late 40's through about 1953. They are not Korean war chrome so they aren't 52 -54 unless they are later production. They came from the attic of a closed Studebaker dealership but there were other non Studebaker and even a fair amount of Mopar parts mixed in with the Stude Stuff. post-43003-14314235777_thumb.jpg

Number 3 Is a Delco Remy switch of Some Sort. Looks like some sort of Start or Kickdown switch as it has a place for a rod to attach and one Terminal is marked Battery. Nothing in any of My delco books from 1938-1960 Looks anything like this. post-43003-143142357775_thumb.jpg

Number 4 Is a Horn Button that's used but still pretty nice. By the style I would say early to mid 1960's. It may even be Canadian Mopar but I couldn't find it or even the LOGO on any of my Popular Horn Button search sites. post-43003-143142357784_thumb.jpg

Finally Number 5 is a Grille emblem or possibly Crank Hole Cover for some sort of car with an 8 Cylinder. I ran this through my truck books and don't think it's truck, It doesn't look like any car ones I have seen either. It is Peaked so I would think it's 32-36 Vintage but that's about all I could come up with. post-43003-143142357789_thumb.jpg

Any help on these would be really appreciated. I have spent a ton of time and come up empty handed. Lets get them back on cars instead of in boxes at my shop.

post-43003-143142357763_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142357773_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142357778_thumb.jpg

post-43003-14314235778_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142357781_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143142357786_thumb.jpg

Concerning #2, I could be wrong, but I can not think of any cars from that period using exposed screws for mounting outside trim. Exception being headlight rings and parts that had to be removed from time to time. I am leaning towards aftermarket. Hope someone can come up with a better answer.

The part number cast into them is X0-573 and XO-572. Studebaker used a very similar casting number system which unfortunately weren't used as part numbers. I think Hudson might have used similar casting numbers as well as other independents.

I was actually hoping someone with one or that owned one of the cars these fit would see them.

That's great. I ran that through all my picture books and couldn't find it, Must have been missing off the cars I saw. 3 down. Now we are doing pretty good.

The switch I figured is a tough one. The horn button I couldn't find on the site that I use that shows steering wheels. I assume it's a horn button retainer of some sort but maybe it's for something else.

Thanks again for all the help. These had me stuck.

I was surprised. I ran through several Graham pictures and the only one with that crank hole cover was the one you provided the image of which I found in my image searches as well. Must be about the only graham with the original cover if that's the right application. I'm going with it. Seems to properly fit the grill. Any graham guys needing it. I'll be listing it on Ebay tonight. Probably a 20.00 opening bid with no reserve. Might be your only chance to ever get one. You can't beat the opening price.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...