1956 Rolls Royce Sivler Wraith for gulbulkien plexiglass top, found in nightclub in Nice or Cannes

I would have liked to meet Nubar Gulbulkian, a businessman in London who had a real sense of style (flower in buttonhole, 3 piece suits, silver topped canes, the whole nine yards) and ordered one custom RR after another. Among them was this Silver Wraith by Hooper with a plexiglass bubble top like you would expect on a Queen Elizabeth royal car.

Later he sold it and it was painted fly yellow and put inside a nightclub on the Riviera (not parked outside but INSIDE). It was found by the French rep for Frank Dale & Stepsons Rolls dealers. I was wondering if it was ever published what the buyer from Frank Dale paid for the old derelict, which has since been painted a much more sedate (and boring if I may add) gray and dark blue.

http://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/rolls-royce/silver-wraith/1956/180139

• 2 months later...

Terrific car. I really like these esoteric/artistic designs as they take just the right combination of imagination, resources and confidence to pull off.

That slightly sinister face would look so perfect at night with it's hooded yellow eyes and Parthenon grille parting fog on a wet Parisian cobbled street.