Tryng to find out what Bertone one off Porsche 911 was sold for back in '60s or '70s

HistoryBuff

this was where Johnny Von Neumann (Mrs. Bond, co founder of R & T says she remembers when he was just Johnny Neumann) mignt have spent his own nickel to have Bertone in Italy do a full convertible on a 911 chassis. The car was maroon when it was offered to me in the early '60s, maybe for something like $29K (the mind fogs after 30 plus years). Now it is apparently restored, painted jet black and in one of Randy Leffingwell's books. I was wondering if anybody recalls any ads that told what it was being offered for back then. I think today having custom bodywork would be more like $250,000

Here's what the car looks like

http://flatsixes.com/cars/porsche-prototypes/bertones-gorgeous-1966-911-roadster/

Thanks for any info. Not interested in price today, just what I missed it for in the good old days

• 1 month later...

Nice to find a car I had never heard of before, thank you! I do take issue with the statement made in the article you linked to, it said, "Once done, the car was prepared for the Geneva Auto Show, where it completely stole the stage. Against competition from Jaguar and the spectacular Lamborghini Miura, the Bertone special was seen as the most compelling." I think this may be because the article appeared in a Porsche enthusiast magazine rather than based on general public consensus if you compare it to period pieces written about the Miura especially. I'm no Porsche hater, I've owned one and have considered others quite recently, so take my opinion for what it's worth. :)