2014 AACA National Winter Meet, Port St. Lucie, Florida

Guest EJoyce

Guest Ed_Joyce

Greetings from sunny Florida. For those who are coming to the 2014 AACA Winter Meet on February 20-22, 2014 we have an address that would be recommended to use in your GPS or smart phone for directions to the show site. It is 1626 SE Walton Road Port ST. Lucie, FL 34952. This is a building adjacent to the driveway that we are asking show cars to enter for the show. Trailer parking entrance is also on this road just prior to this location. We will have signs posted. There is no trailer parking on Wednesday.

If you have procrastinated long enough and still want to come to the show we have extended the registration date to February 3, 2014 and we still have room left on the show field for your vehicle.

We hope to see you in 1 month!

2014_Web_Flyer_updated_11-7.pdf

Tee_Shirt_Promo_Art_Demo.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Art Griffin

Hello AACA friends, the Treasure Coast Region did an outstanding job as they hosted the AACA National Winter Meet in Port St. Lucie, FL this past weekend!!! Barbara Joyce, Meet Chairman, along with her husband Ed, were just great! Ed laid out the Show Field in front of the Port St. Lucie Civic Center, and it was filled with super antique vehicles. Many, many people from the area as well as AACA members came to enjoy the show as well as participate in the various events. Arlene and I certainly enjoyed our visit to the re-modeled Elliott Museum.....what a fine exhibit. Being from the Cape Canaveral Region (as well as the Great Smokey Mountains Region) there were lots of members present, and many of them won awards.

What a fantastic event!!!

Thanks to the Treasure Coast Region!!

Art Griffin

Check this out, guys!

I have just gotten home from a 15 hour dead drive from Florida. Dead is about the feeling I have now, but wait, I digress! Let me show you how stupid one can be to leave Florida. Check out the early truck in front of the Civic Center. Better yet, check out Read Majors giving the Owners Meeting orientation! Why am I back in Virginia again???? Did you notice the beautiful Palm Trees? Everything is green down there.

Let me get revived and I will see if I can get some other pics uploaded.

post-31395-143142407374_thumb.jpg

post-31395-143142407381_thumb.jpg

KUDOS TO THE TREASURE COAST REGION AND MEET CHAIRPERSON BARBARA JOYCE.

The Meet at Port St. Lucie was an absolute pleasure !

Barbara Joyce, Meet Chairperson did a wonderful job of planning, organizing, and being personable throughout the event. She and her entire staff should be applauded for their efforts, and certainly have my appreciation.

The Port St. Lucie Civic Center was a terrific location for the meetings, Membership Roundtable, Judges (and Team Captain) Schools, and Registration. All of these activities were handled as smoothly and were obviously well planned.

Having the chance to visit with long-time friends was even more enjoyable under (mostly) beautiful Florida skies. The couple of brief downpours during the show did not seem to dampen spirits. Of course we are are accustomed to warm winters back home in New Orleans, and especially enjoyed Florida, having attended the Annual Meeting in Philadelphia just two weeks prior in frigid weather.

We had another exceptional experience Thursday evening, in that one of my AACA-member cousins was considering buying a place on the beach. We headed north toward Cape Canaveral (Cape Kennedy), had dinner at the Cocoa Beach Pier, and at 8:59 PM we got to se a night-time Rocket Launch while a couple of hundred feet out on the pier over the Atlantic, so close that we could see the area light up, hear and feel the vibrations, and see the first stage booster separation.

Here is a link to a video of the launch:

Thanks again to all the members of Treasure Coast Region for a great Meet and a great time.

We hope to see Y'ALL in Houma Louisiana - NOVEMBER 5,6,7, 2015 -- that is just 20 months away, and we believe that the LAGNIAPPE CHAPTER of LOUISIANA REGION will provide a wonderful opportunity to visit the Deep South at a perfect time of the year - great tours, great food, great location (one hour Southwest of New Orleans on US-90), Bayou Browsing, great people who will welcome you to a relaxed way of enjoying life - Laissez Le Bons Temps Rouler - Let the Good Times Roll !

(The expression Laissez les bons temps rouler is a Cajun French phrase which is literally translated from the English expression "Let the good times roll.").

Please remember Fall 2015 Central Meet !

• 2 weeks later...