Need help to ID Mopar? Tailite 1930's? 40's?

JoeShmoe

I have a NOS tailite trim and glass that I believe is probably a Mopar application, as it has a square cluster of initials "D P C D" which I'm guessing means Dodge-Plymouth-Chrysler-Desoto. On the casting it says "Sedans Left" and has a number 876903 DG. The letters on the glass are hard to read, but I think say ILCO 2243 and CB (or C8)6212. These parts originated from a building that was a Chrysler dealer in the thirties thru 50's for another clue. If I can find out what it's for, maybe I can get it back in circulation for someone who needs it. Thanks for the help! Joe G

post-54940-143142350674_thumb.jpg

post-54940-143142350692_thumb.jpg

There is a place at the top that appears to accept a cap or cover or another piece, that possible could hold a reflector? this appears to be 2 out of three pieces of the "Big picture". I'll try to get a picture showing the top center better; it's not finished to as high of a shine as the sides. I'll try the other pictures I've got...I may have to take some more.

post-54940-143142351568_thumb.jpg

post-54940-143142351584_thumb.jpg

The part number on the casting is 876903. There also is a DG on the casting. I guess the number's not much good without a parts book.

Commodore is right. That number lens was sold on eBay recently as for a 1940 Chrysler, and the 1946-48 lens I thought it was (while similarly fluted) has a flatter face than this one.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest 1940windsor

Good looking glass. I need to get a new set for my '40. The previous owner put in blue dots, which I don't like. Did a good job on them though.

• 2 weeks later...
Good looking glass. I need to get a new set for my '40. The previous owner put in blue dots, which I don't like. Did a good job on them though.

I put it on Ebay item 161242043762. I'm hoping someone can use it. I'm a Cadillac guy. At auction I bought a "lot" of Cadillac stuff with this "red-headed stepchild" thrown in because I needed the other items. If you have ANY interest, hit the ebay auction or PM me with an offer. In other words, I didn't get it for NOTHING, but I don't need it and I'm not needing it to fund my retirement either! Joe