1971 Oldsmobile 98 Ambulance

Guest fmbjogger

Guest Old Codger

I don't know how much demand there is for a 1971 Olds ambulance, but it's good to see that it'll survive instead of getting butchered and morphed into something it wasn't meant to be.

What to do with it then????????

I can think of a lot of good ideas, but it's not mine.

Old Codger

Guest fmbjogger
I don't know how much demand there is for a 1971 Olds ambulance, but it's good to see that it'll survive instead of getting butchered and morphed into something it wasn't meant to be.

What to do with it then????????

I can think of a lot of good ideas, but it's not mine.

Old Codger

Well, I'm working my way through the different makes of ambulances. I already own a 1973 Cadillac Miller-Meteor hightop. I'm not buying for resale. I buy what I like and enjoy and assume others ( maybe few) will also. Next up, a nice 60's Pontiac ambulance. Gotta love the lightshow !

http://youtu.be/knp6I0mHugM

post-70980-143142351666_thumb.jpg

Guest Old Codger

Good deal....It is good to see them as they were and not made into clown cars......

Should I follow your posts here on the Olds site or the Cadillac or the Pontiac forum????:)

Old Codger

Guest fmbjogger
Good deal....It is good to see them as they were and not made into clown cars......

Should I follow your posts here on the Olds site or the Cadillac or the Pontiac forum????:)

Old Codger

LOL...well first things first. I have to get the Olds to where I'm happy/proud of it then you can follow along in the Pontiac forum ! See ya in the spring.

PS. I really like your screen name. Very funny.

• 2 years later...

ONE OF THE BIGGEST NIGHTMARES OF MY OLDS MECHANIC CAREER.a 1974 olds ambulance that kept having weird electrical problems. first the reason it had them was because of the front shocks were worn out. what the hell you say? the front tires were hitting the front inner fenders, the genius body conversion company saw fit to run the main body wire harness on the UNDERSIDE of the inner fender, since it was plastic, nothing shorted out, but the insulation rubbed off the wires and everything connected to almost everything else.blow the horn and the flashing red lights would come on, stuff like that. ok, got all of that fixed and found out the voltage regulator had the gen putting out about 17 volts, causing tail light bulbs to blow. esay job to replace bulbs on a 98 sedan, but on ambulance, had to discharge the airconditioner, remove the entire rear a/c unit to get to the bulb. ah, the good old days. anyway, have fun with your restoration of the olds ambulance.