Just bought a 41 Buick Roadmaster 4 dr........she's a beaut !

Guest goodguy4life

Guest goodguy4life

less than 18k miles............starting to yank gas tank,fix any gauges,pull wheels and check brakes and wheel bearings...........stay tuned

Guest goodguy4life

South Carolina 1 owner..........

Looks like dealer undercoating under hood and throughout........texture is solid

2 carb-runs like a sewing machine....question.....was block painted all red from factory?

Early 1941 engines were gray. The majority of engines 90%+ were dante red. It appears most of what I can see in your picure is dante red. If your engine is black, that could represent a replacement engine. Only the engine number will tell what it is. If you locate the engine number, and vin number on the firewall, I can let you know where it was made and if the engine is in correct sequence for a Roadmaster.

"1941, The Best Year Yet" was a slogan. There are many of us 41 nuts on this blog, and all are eager to help you undertand your car. Good luck!

Guest goodguy4life

sure did- had to fix that right off to get it running-do they still make rebuild kits for theses carbs? haven't scoured the net looking yet

Guest goodguy4life

Thx for the welcome! yes ........just joined it and BCA this week- would love to talked to Doug-could you PM his phone number? Appreciate it ! The more I get into this car I keep telling myself..............restore or fix the minor issues and leave it ........like the wife shopping

Guest goodguy4life

keep it for sure-I struggle with the historical evidence she has now(original dealer invoice in glovebox) versus a completed frame off restoration and go through her inch by inch.Question Gents-Are BCA judging events more geared toward originality or preservation?

On a another note-met and became a member of the Mid-Am Buick club today! Good group of folks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest goodguy4life

I just finished Bill Anderson's book about 41's-excellent read for anyone! Engine gets pulled tomorrow for a "freshening up"

• 1 year later...
Guest goodguy4life

yep-color changed as the old paint was to be removed(to many spider webs and faded) and went with period correct chips Pearl Gray

• 2 weeks later...