1922 Maxwell distributor needed.

Guest JackGerbl

Guest JackGerbl

I have a 1922 Maxwell touring that the distributor shaft self destructed. I need a distributor shaft or a complete distributor. I believe it is a delco-remy 369. Are there any other distributors that may work? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Jack 909-214-5395

Jack,

FS ignitions rebuilt my unit to accept a modern distributor with modern Chevy cap and electronic pick up. No more $200 distributor caps!!! I had to supply the gear set up located under the distributor (the 90 degree part). Contact them at WWW.FSIGNITIONS.COM or phone them at 580-762-8322. Have some pictures ready to email to them. Best of luck.

Gary

I have a 1922 Maxwell touring that the distributor shaft self destructed. I need a distributor shaft or a complete distributor. I believe it is a delco-remy 369. Are there any other distributors that may work? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Jack 909-214-5395

Have a look at the 1927 / 1928 Chrysler 50 and 52 series, as well as the 1928 Plymouth Q, these have what is essentially the same engine and I suspect the same distributor (not 100% positive on this); at least it may give you some other options.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JackGerbl
Jack,

FS ignitions rebuilt my unit to accept a modern distributor with modern Chevy cap and electronic pick up. No more $200 distributor caps!!! I had to supply the gear set up located under the distributor (the 90 degree part). Contact them at WWW.FSIGNITIONS.COM or phone them at 580-762-8322. Have some pictures ready to email to them. Best of luck.

Gary

Gary

Thanks for the phone #. Where did you find the gear set up? Do they use my body or is it a different distributor? I really appreciate your advice. Jack

Sorry for the delay, Jack. They used my 90 degree set up and supplied their own distributor body which accepts modern Chevy points and distributor cap. No more $250 distributor caps. My present dilemma is that, upon reinstalling my motor after a freshening up, I accidentally reversed the distributor wiring and burned up the electrical components! I should have been more careful but, my biggest mistake was not installing a fuse inline. What a Bozo! I'll be sending the distributor back to FS for repairs. Gary