1948 CadillacSeres 62 Saoutchik Cabriolet , Lou Ritter or Delores del Rio:was either one derelict?

HistoryBuff

I am looking to write a story for a French car website on a model 62 bodied by French coachbullder Saoutchik. Ihave seen the purple one, with canework on the doors, white top, too much but the other one all one color is more restrained so you can appreciate the coachwork without so much color distraction. My question is: when Lou Ritter owned his, did he dump it after only owning it a short while like the Rolls Royce LaBourdette? If so, what did he sell it for? Or what about the Del Rio car? I want to use the one that got most "derelict" and was sold the lowest price as my example of a diamond found in the rough. By the way did Ms. Del Rio use the car in movies or just to drive around in? I think there's a Rolls town car that she owned in the Nethercutt museum--she had quite the eye for cars. but my favorite '40s star is Hedy Lamarr because she co-invented something that is of world shaking significance decades later, something to do with radio frequencies. Not often you see a beautiful movie star with a brain like that!

• 2 weeks later...