lincoln running boards

Guest joe hill

Guest joe hill

Howdy,does anyone reproduce the rubber "running boards" for the 1942-1948 Lincoln(not continental) or can help me with locating a pair of show condition ones for the two door model Zephyr.

Hi Joe, You are a fun guy at the shows- love your quick wit & accent too!! (or is it the northerners with the accent?!?!) Merv has added a lot to the club and very knowledgeable, but if he can not help- Al McWade, Jack Sweet and Carolyn Henderson are all eastern LZOC officers/directors listed in the magazine with good knowledge of 42's (as owners or were previous owners), and Tom Brunner another very meticulous previous club pres, and had 42's as well, may know where to get the 42 stuff. Possibly look up all the 42 owners grouped together in back of club 2012 Membership Directory, not too many to call and ask them, most all would be glad to talk and help source if they can. Also Alan Whelihan from Maryland has a 42 Cabr and has business selling Zephyr parts, so may know coupe parts sourcing too. Best of Luck- Paul

Guest joe hill

Thanks for the info. I have tried just about all of your suggestions with no luck. I guess I will wait for some to fall in my lap!! I hope to have my Zephyr completed before the summer. Only 3 1/2 years of restoration and counting. Great forum. Joe Hill LZOC LCOC AACA

Joe, you might want to call an outfit in New Jersey that manufactures aluminum door sills. Business is called "DoorSills" and the old catalog I have of them shows them making them thru 1941 models. Call them at 1-973-423-1196. They might be doing them now or know of someone who might be of help.

Also, there is a guy I believe in Alabama who vulcanizes the doorsills for the 36-39 Zephyrs, maybe he can help or know of someone.....Think the name is "Avery" or "Huntley". I believe a club member in Alabama by the name of Ken Harris who is doing a restoration of a 39 LZ might know of him. Call Ken at 334-365-9593 Good Luck

Last year I called and talked with his mother who helps in the busines. I asked about my 41 LZ sedan sill plates. Still being made but anywhere from a six or more month wait for them. The catalog I have shows him making sills for 56 different cars. No problem when you are restoring a car. Need one for your Stutz?

Guest joe hill

I talked to a lady at Hunley Acuff Running Boards and was told they only do cars in the 30's and before. There phone # is706-866-4875.

I ordered sill plates for my 41 Lincoln custom with the limo option form door sills. It was not a problem for them to repro and they took 13 months but worth the wait. They are perfect , finding parts the zephyrs can be tough, try finding good used nos for a 41 limo. I tried some local sheetmetal shops with no luck,One guy said he would try,but hundreds of $ each was not going to work for me . Door sills have the right stuff and taey were under 1 hundred ea. If you want them right My money is on door sills