Wanted: hub puller

Povertycove

Please measure you rear hubcap (grease cap) for the number of threads per inch and the width of the opening.

You should come up with a measurement of 16 inches per inch and the width of the opening.

The width in important and multiple car makes used various sizes like; 2 1/8 or 2 1/4 or 2 1/5 or 2 5/8 or 2 9/16 etc.

I believe the one I have is a 2 5/8 and is too big for my Hupmobile with 2 1/2.

They are for sale on the Franklin website.

I couldn't fund them for sale on the HHFranklin Club website. I think the idea of a lending library of occasional-use tools is a good one. My hubs are 16/inch, two and a half diameter. A very good local machinist will make a good puller ( he's made one for me for my a Senior Saxons) for about $140. Still, I think that we should figure out a way to loan small-use tools like this.

I couldn't fund them for sale on the HHFranklin Club website. I think the idea of a lending library of occasional-use tools is a good one. My hubs are 16/inch, two and a half diameter. A very good local machinist will make a good puller ( he's made one for me for my a Senior Saxons) for about $140. Still, I think that we should figure out a way to loan small-use tools like this.

A lending library may be a good idea for some lightly used tools but a hub/drum puller is something any owner that maintains his own car should have in his own possession.

Go to Franklin site, click on "for sale" then click on "parts" then go about 3/4 the way down the page and you will find a Drum Puller.

I just saw some on Ebay. eBay item number:191035835161

• 2 weeks later...