1928 Chrysler brake lines

Guest dbsbdesoto

Guest dbsbdesoto

Hello, I am going to replace the copper brake lines on my 1928 chrysler. I have some refrigeration copper tubbing. But after cutting off the connectors off the old line it seems to be a lot thicker wall than the new stuff. Is there a lot of pressure in the brake line or do you think the walls would hold. Have any of you replaces your lines and what did you use. I am going to have a replacement 1928 chrysler 62 roadster repro wind shied and restored windshield posts for sale soon. The posts are originals that have been replated in nickle. look like new.

Thanks Dean

As Rusty says....you should use the lines that are specifically made for brakes. Otherwise, you could end up with a nightmare trying to use something that isn't. As a brake mechanic, I can not stress this enough.

Google Cunifer.

Better than copper, easy to work with. Same color as copper.

Used in Europe.

I'm buying it for my 30 Chrysler CJ.

Bill H

+1 for this. It is DOT rated for brake system, has a slight copper look and has a lot better corrosion resistance properties than steel brake tubing.

Guest dbsbdesoto

Thanks for all the info. I think I am going to use steel brake tubing. I don't plan on having it ever judged. Have a good winter and spring. Dean

Even if it were judged ,it wouldn't count against steel lines. Just the crimping is what has to be done correctly.

JEGS sells steel lines with a copper finish and all the fittings needed. My 1930 Chrysler had copper lines that were painted black, so you could use steel lines and paint them. If you want the copper finish, use the nickel steel lines with the copper finish. It is very easy to work with. Should have a double flare on the ends...