The 1956 Chrysler Dodge Diablo Ghia : who brought it to the US? Who did Ghia sell it to?

I recently re-discovered this car on a website.

I was wondering , the site says "When the show touring days were over, the car returned to Turin, Italy and back to Ghia's shops. Ownership transferred to Ghia who displayed the car at a number of European events and exhibitions before eventually selling it to a private owner. It returned to the United States in the mid-1960s and was carefully preserved. The next (and current) owner took possession of the car in 1988. It has been meticulously maintained and remains in fully functional condition. It still retains is power steering unit, Chrysler power brakes, power operated windows in the doors, signal seeking radio, and air conditioning. It rides on Kelsey-Hayes wire wheels, wearing period correct wide whitewall tires."

The site also said it got better drag co-efficient than the BAT Alfa, a claim I highly suspect, since it has a frontal area about 50% larger.

Recently the car was an auction but failed to meet reserve at over a million.Yet the Barrett Jackson site says it sold

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=5034&aid=466

But my question is:I don't care about its modern day price, has it ever been in print (or in an ad) what the car was sold for by Ghia and to whom? Or who fhe first owner was in the U.S. who bought it and how much he paid?

What confuses me about the car is that there is a Ferrari with a similar body style by Ghia, also in red.