Wanted Duesenberg !

Well, first, the Duesenberg market is not like the normal antique car market, it's an entity of itself. The history and whereabouts of every frame, engine, body, is well documented, and the chances of finding an undocumented car sitting in a garage, owned by someone not familiar with market, is about the same as finding the Loch Ness monster in your bathtub.

If you want a Duesenberg for less than a million, and they can be found, it'll probably be a closed car or a rebodied open car. Even at that, if you don't have half a million or more in your disposable income account, then there's not much reason to be looking. The only thing that sells for low six figures are parts and replicas. A supercharger alone sold for a quarter million a few years back..........

Now, to the reason I'm posting, I think you've coined a GREAT name for a meal, surely some diner or dive in Auburn should pick up on it, and sell a Duesenburger!!!

You didn't say what model. "A" or "J"? Fred and August built quite a few more of the former, and one should have some difficulty finding one for sale for more than a million dollars. I don't have any Duesenbergs for sale.

Possibly a Model X ?

Good to know that the prices don't bother you. I believe what we're trying to tell you is, if you're a serious buyer at market price for a Duesenberg, this forum is probably not going to get you where you want to go.

At any given time, there are a certain number of D cars for sale, and it's common knowledge .... So attending an auction, or a phone call or two to the correct person, will find a car. I'd say there are a handful at least of people who know what cars are for sale.....

Cords are easy too, there are always a few for sale....again, just making the right contacts and paying the price accomplishes the goal.

Good luck with your search, hope you find a good car....your broken English posts are a little baffling, though....

Yes, there are many ACD cars out there for sale. A little bit of knowledge is dangerous. To buy a car that is restored correctly that is authentic for a reasonable price takes a LOT of homework. Going to an auction and buying glitz and glitter is a recipe for disaster.

• 3 weeks later...
Not yet working on that

I would suggest that you do join. It is a great way to network with the guys that own the cars. Be sure to go to ACD reunion at Auburn Indiana over the Labor Day in the fall. Send me a PM if you are interested, I'll get you pointed in the right direction.