2014 Annual Meeting Philly Seminars

charlier

Has the schedule for the 2014 Philly seminar been finalized and posted yet?

Knowing what the seminars are and when they are scheduled would be a BIG help when it comes to finalizing plans to attend this meeting.

Thanks Very Much.

For those who have never been to the Phila. annual meeting,

you should try it! I particularly enjoy the seminars and getting

to know other AACA car fans from around the country.

There are good seminars and there are excellent seminars.

I'm sure you will find some excellent ones that interest you.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

A "new" attraction within walking distance of our hotel is The Philadelphia History Museum (formerly the Atwater Kent) at 15 S. 7th Street. It re-opened after a couple years of rehab and reorganization. Not sure if they have any automobile stuff, but they should. Philadelphia's "Automobile Row" (every city had one) was on Broad Street just north of City Hall between Cherry and Brown Streets. Example: 2012 N. Broad was the Hurley Motor Company REO dealership. The Pierce Arrow dealership at 1515 N Broad:

post-52500-143142344374_thumb.jpg

The Willys Overland building, 325 N. Broad:

post-52500-143142344379_thumb.jpg

The Atlantic Gasoline Station and Broad & Roosevelt Blvd:

post-52500-143142344398_thumb.png

post-52500-143142344387_thumb.png

Here's the Atlantic gas station at Broad & Lycoming:

post-52500-14314234439_thumb.jpg

Finally, the Ford assembly plant at Broad & Lehigh:

post-52500-143142344395_thumb.jpg

Also, don't forget to visit Fairmount Park, host of some important early auto races:

post-52500-143142344405_thumb.png

Lots more, too!

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Steve,

My seminar "REEL CARS" is going on at the same time as the library seminar, matter of fact its in the room next door. This is my 14th year doing this seminar and I also have a lot of work into it. I just feel that you "drumming up business" for the library seminar, make the other seminars going on at the same time,not as important. If the library seminar is such a big deal, then it should he held when there are no other seminars going on.;)

This picture of the Willys Knight dealership building also includes the Packard Motor Car building which is just across the alley to the right. It was renovated into condos in the 80s but they kept the name and some of the ornate lobby. I did some electric work in there. If you look at the bottom of the banner you can see part of the Packard name.

229990d1389395703-2014-annual-meeting-philly-seminars-willysoverland.jpg

I'll have to be honest, my first thought when I saw Steve's post is I hope it isn't running opposite my seminar!!! I felt a bit miffed just like Tatra did. I understand that we have a lot of people at the meetings, and as Steve said, I think we need to promote them better!!1 Restorer 32, if you do a seminar, I'll be in the front row!!! I am sure your experience would benefit a lot of people.

I, too, encourage you to do a seminar, Jeff. I'd also like to see talks from some of our other Forum regulars whose frequent posts I enjoy (and who obviously know what they're talking about). I think it might take a little arm twisting, but I'd love to see some new speakers. I guarantee to ask lots of questions.

Phil

I was at Philly Was some great seminars Scott Deno always does a great job. 101 resto tips was good . I would like to see some more seminars on resto projects . In these you also get some great product do don'ts It is a great place to get to visit with old friends and make new . Kings32

We met this morning with our team and are committed to doing our best to promote our seminars and get a schedule out early. We also are searching for some new seminars as some of our presenters have decided it is time to take a break. We hope to have some big news in this area as we have some new and innovative ideas.

There is nothing stopping you promoting your own seminars! The goal is to get people in the seats! Again, with a 1,000 people in attendance there is more than enough members to go around unless we get a big name draw which in case we would most likely modify the schedule.