WTB: 1941-1948 Chrysler Business (three window) coupe...

A New Yorker would be ideal. Would also consider a 2dr club coupe that is a New Yorker with the Highlander interior. Looking for something that is a nice original. Not looking for major restoration nor a trailer/show queen. I want to keep it up and drive it. Thanks!

A member of our AACA region who lives in northern Maryland

has a 1948 Chrysler Windsor club coupe in excellent condition.

He is cutting back his large collection, and it will be auctioned

sometime in 2014. The auction will be held at his farm, and

I think the pricing should be reasonable. However, nothing

will be sold in advance.

I don't know whether his car has the Highlander interior.

I'm not sure if this model would interest you. If someone is

looking for something extremely specific, such as a 1948 Chrysler New Yorker

club coupe with Highlander interior, his patient search may take several years.

Our member's club coupe has 2 windows on each side of the car.

Looking in my Chrysler references, I don't see a model specifically called a

business coupe; but Chrysler made a "3-passenger coupe," which

looks like what commonly is called a business coupe. Their

"3-passenger coupe" has only one window (in the door) on each side.

If you want more information, please tell your location

and send me a Private Message through this forum. I don't know

whether you're in British Columbia, Britain, or Boston.

Happy to help!

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff, Is this the one on the LA Craig's list? I saw the ad a week or so ago. I am in Palm Springs for another week or so and toyed with the idea of going to take a look.

I think it was a 42. But I am flying this trip so I don't have any way to haul it back.

The first thing I was going to ask about was the back glass.

Jeff, Is this the one on the LA Craig's list? I saw the ad a week or so ago. I am in Palm Springs for another week or so and toyed with the idea of going to take a look.

I think it was a 42. But I am flying this trip so I don't have any way to haul it back.

This one is not a '42.

post-37352-143142347856_thumb.jpg

Yes indeed! That is a '42. That is exactly what I am looking for....well....except for the condition. That requires more work than I can tackle at this time. So, I am still on the hunt. Thank you for the help, the leads and the discussion!

No, this is my '46. Hopefully the guy with the '42 won't part it out, but if so, I'd be interested in the rear window.

Edited by jcmiller (see edit history)

Jeff, I was thinking that yours was grey. Old age must be effecting my memory.

I have bought parts cars for small parts before.

We could hook up the trailer and head south, pick up John and head to LA, buy the car and then you could use the window that you need as well as the bumpers and what ever else fits.

Its 80 degrees here today. I must be bored though what with planning another trip already.

I am going to the Peterson museum on Saturday. Never been there either. And possibly the Nethercut collection if I have time.

My brother is going to a golf tourney up in Vegas for the weekend (boring), so I am going exploring on my own for the weekend.

Sartana, this is supposed to be a pretty big swap meet that I am going to on Sunday, if I see anything that I think will interest you I will get the particulars.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)

You're memory is fine - it was a kind of gray/green color when it first arrived. I was kind of surprised that it was black under the old-growth lichen and moss. The top and other side are still gray/green. Sounds like you're having fun down there. 80 degrees sounds really nice.

post-71066-143142347868_thumb.jpg

Hey Jack, so your headed to Pomona? Have fun. I have been many times and was supposed to go this month but just could not swing it. If you see something, please do keep me in mind!

No problem. Are you somewhere in the socal area?

I have seen the Pomona meet magazine ads for years and it was just lucky timing this time.

I'm up for it! Now....if I only had some cash, we could hit Turlock, too!!

But Alas,,,I am only dreaming, I am spread kinda thin right now. I hope I don't get carried away and do something stupid on Sunday.

I don't have any room in my carry on and I think my rental car will be a 'Spec' as it is only an $11.00 a day car. (weekend rate) and I may have to pay some mileage if I drive it to far.

You're memory is fine - it was a kind of gray/green color when it first arrived. I was kind of surprised that it was black under the old-growth lichen and moss. The top and other side are still gray/green. Sounds like you're having fun down there. 80 degrees sounds really nice.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]230360[/ATTACH]

You must be needin a longer hose on your pressure washer. Looks much better with the moss cleaned off.

• 1 month later...
Guest desoman
A New Yorker would be ideal. Would also consider a 2dr club coupe that is a New Yorker with the Highlander interior. Looking for something that is a nice original. Not looking for major restoration nor a trailer/show queen. I want to keep it up and drive it. Thanks!

Hello, saw your ad in the aaca forum on the internet. I have for sale a 1948 Chrysler New Yorker club coupe with the Highlander Trim for sale. Solid body, no dents, no rust. Green in color. Rusty front floor pans were replaced with new ones. Needs carpet. Dash very good, headliner decent. Has new brakes, master cylinder, brake hoses seals, shoes, (installed Oct. 2010) Strong motor (straight 8) new valve job done 7/12. Car is complete,very solid. 34,700 miles on odometer (could be actual, but cannot verify) Has factory fog lights, outside sunvisor, and the rare windshield washer set-up with the big original glass bottle on the firewall. I was told the car had seat covers put on over the Highlander plaid very early on, so I have not seen the plaid seats, but assume they are in excellent shape, as the seat covers are definitely old, and in pretty good shape themselves. The interior, with new carpet will be very nice--dash and steering wheel are excellent--.I bought the car in June 2010, after years of unsuccessfully looking for a NY 3 window business coupe. As fate would have it, I found a very nice one in 2012, plus a Windsor 3 window in 2012. Therefore this one(above) is available, Price: $9500. I would welcome your questions and/or a phone call for more information if you are interested. I live in Sheridan, WY. Phone (307-674-5903)

Thanks, Bob Miller

Didn't see any business coupes in Pomona by the way. By the time I got to the cars for sale my feet were killing me.

Must have walked ten or fifteen miles from 5am till noon.

Bob, you should post a few pics of your car for sale.

• 4 months later...
Guest tasvalowna

maybe i should ship mine back to the states .its been in Australia for a year or 2 . Air bagged with a 500 cad .

Its about to undergo major surgery , rhd conversion and upgrade to gen3 hemi .

post-97943-14314262316_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

Nice! Love the color. BTW, I put mine on Craigslist a couple weeks ago to test the waters. I had a couple of bites. The most serious inquiry was from overseas, but he lost interest when I told him I thought the best way to restore it would be to use a donor car.