85 Buick Riviera

Guest Ruben2277

Guest Ruben2277

post-98463-143142338079_thumb.jpg

I am working on an 85 Buick Riviera. I had to remove this part that connects to my blower motor and need to replace and everyone I approached doesn't seem know what this part is or where I can get a replacement. Many say it maybe a blower motor resister. I have digital climate control and it wont work without this part, it is missing some prongs in the picture that's why it doesn't work. There is one on top, 3 in the middle and 2 on the bottom, please advise.

post-98463-143142337941_thumb.jpg

post-98463-143142337981_thumb.jpg

This part is only used on the Automatic Climate Control system. I don't think that option was that popular. I suspect your best bet would be to find a parts car in a salvage yard. One other possibility would be to see if there is a part number on the board. If so you can do a Google search on and possibly find someone who has one for sale somewhere but does not know what it fits. A quick Google search for a 1985 Buick Blower and A/C Clutch Control doesn't seem to find a source of this part for sale.

Guest Ruben2277
Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum.

From my 1984 Buick Factory Service Manual, I would say that is the "Blower and A/C Clutch Control". Here are a few photos

Guest Ruben2277

This is my first time ever on a forum and must say that you guys answered my question. Thank you very much. I do have a few more questions. Best believe I will be posting them on here. Thanks again!

I think I bought mine on Ebay. If you search extensively, you might come up with a better deal. From a quick search, I found this one:

It is a slightly cheaper factory authorized reprint on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1985-Buick-Grand-National-Regal-Shop-Service-Repair-Manual-Engine-Drivetrain-OE-/130741201722?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1985%7CMake%3ABuick&hash=item1e70c86b3a&vxp=mtr

• 2 weeks later...