1956 Buick Roadmaster Restoration

56Road

Hello everyone, there is a story behind my 56 Roadmaster desire. I'm originally from Greece but i live the last 6 years in Wilkes Barre, PA where i study. My uncle back in Greece boughta 73R 1956 Buick Roadmaste four door Riviera around 30 years ago and later on found out that he is the second owner and the first owner was one of the richest people in Greece back in 50s-60s. It is possible to be the only 56 Roadmaster in Greece. Car was in bad shape missing the drivetrain, bumpers were in bad shape, floors gone and since there arent easy ways to find parts he gave up on it.

Since i was little kid i always showed interest on the car and we had big plans for it but after managing to come to the US to study i decide to look for a similar car. I've been looking for a four door Roadmaster since 2008 and then i found this in Miami, FL. The car was originally from Kansas and somebody was restoring it. The car caught fire and the everything around the firewall is in bad shape. Due to the damage the car has a salvage title which i didnt know till i bought the car ( i dont really mind that). I found out that the car was listed in an auction in Kansas and the collision center in FL bought the car and then me. Body is in alright shape, chrome was replaced and is in good shape other than the pieces that were on fire. There are few things that are warped due to the fire but it doesnt look bad to me. the Carburator melted so i havent tried to start the engine. Fluids look alright.

I took everything out of the interrior, cleaned all the broken glasses and start working on the floors. there are some patches not done the way i want them so im replacing them. I used Por15 on the floors and trunk. I really want to do a frame off restoration but i would love to fire it up and take it for a ride as soon as possible.

post-98449-143142336951_thumb.jpg The pictures show the condition of the car when i bought it. My uncle sent me alot of parts from his car. Right now im rebuilding the steering column and trying to make a new harness for the car. I will upload more pictures with my progress.

Thank you.

post-98449-143142336909_thumb.jpg

post-98449-143142336941_thumb.jpg

post-98449-143142336943_thumb.jpg

post-98449-143142336945_thumb.jpg

post-98449-143142336947_thumb.jpg

post-98449-143142336949_thumb.jpg

Thanks Gary and John from what i see most of the fire is around the heating unit so could be ether that or wiring problem. As i said the car was under restoration by the previous owner so he could have messed something up with the wiring.

Hey Matt thanks ill let you know. On top of my head i need the chrome piece that goes on the dash. I bought one from Ebay but i didnt know the length differs between Roadmaster/Super and Century/Special. Also i need a windshield which is around 600$ new and i dont feel like spending that much. I went to Englers couple months ago and he had few Buicks but most of the parts are beyond repair.