Tail light bezel

Guest intlhud

Guest intlhud

Does anyone out there have a spare tail light bezel for a '51 Chieftain? Or, perhaps a source where I can find that part. Someone installed the wrong part on mine, possibly from a Chevy donor car or something. I will be glad to part with that one, once I find the correct one to replace it. Already have NOS lenses. All I need is the bezel and associated hardware. Thanks.

Guest intlhud

It's only one bezel that I need. I have one of each, one of which comes from a different year, or other model car. Thanks.

hello intlhud, you might try these sources for what you need, joe curtis pontiac parts, 828-298-8304, california pontiac restorations, 714-245-9800, pontiacparts.net , i checked in my pontiac master parts catalog, unless your pontiac is a sedan delivery or stationwagon, your taillight bezel has a leftside and a rightside, two different part numbers, the same bezels were used on 1951 and 1952 pontiacs. leftside bezel p/n 5940985, rightside 5940986. i don't have one, most parts that i collect are for 1953-1954 pontiacs, lol. charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor.

Guest intlhud

Thanks, Charles, for the info. While the p/n is different for the left and right sides, shouldn't they be the same physical size? On my car, the right side (one in question) is about an inch smaller in diameter. Also, the hardware behind each unit was very different from each other. I recently bought two NOS replacement lenses, and one won't fit the right bezel. I didn't even realize the discrepancy until I removed the bezels. It appears there was some minor fender-bender damage to that corner of the rear quarter panel at one time, which probably destroyed the original bezel. I will check out the sources you suggested. Worst case for now, I think I can use my old trusty '52 South Bend lathe to machine a duplicate from aluminum. That can get me by until one comes along.

Guest intlhud

That's what I'm thinking, too. I found a picture of an exploded view (without dimensions) of a '50 and it appears to be the wrong one that I have on the right side. The wrong bezel has a small "bucket" while the correct one (my left side) has a triangular shaped holder with springs.

ANYONE OUT THERE NEED A '49-'50 they'd like to trade?