Just found on the net the Chrysler 300B Boano bodied coupe of Giovanni Agnelli

Mario Boano is credited with saving Ghia from the ravages of World War II. He is credited with helping Ghia get the contract from Chrysler that resulted in several Chrysler concept cars. In the mid fifties , after political differances in the company, he went out on his own getting a contract from Ferrari .

In 1957 then President of Fiat, Giovanni Agnelli, commissioned this car from Boano. According to documentation Agnelli wanted a powerful coupe designed on the order of an English Bentley Continental. Sketches were drawn up by Boano. The Chrysler 300 drive train was selected and cut down some 18 inches to allow the car to be more European sized than American.

According to the present owner,

Boano made only two cars with American drive trains. The first was The Lincoln Indianapolis made in 1955 and this Chrysler for Agnelli of Fiat.

It was imported to The United States until 20 years ago and since has always been in private collections.My question is: who found the car in Italy and would it be considered a "barn find", was it in rough shape when found. Incidentally, the side view in the present collection's presentation

http://www.ramsheadcollection.com/portfolio/1957-chrysler-boano-coupe/ shows beautiful side sculpturing not seen in a 3/4 view shot out on a concours field, shown here

http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=24245&start=26&posts=31

Roofline similar to Mercedes 300S coupe. Like to hear how it was unearthed. Must have been restored form the gold color that looks like the previous paint job.

Looks 100% better in black. The gold car from that view looks Volvo-ish. I don't think it could ahave sold against real Bentley Continentals though. Have you ever seen the woodwork of an interior on a Bentley Continental? I am also researching Agnelli's war background if anyone knows some biographical details of his wounding in Africa.