Body Shop to repair on a 1957 Thunderbird

Guest 69boss9

Guest 69boss9

We have a '57 Thunderbird that we want both rear quarter panels replaced on, I've gotten both panels NOS Ford rear quarters. I've had it at a repair shop locally but the person doing the work has the right quarter on but says he doesn't like the way the Right side looks and doesn't want to complete the work. He is NOT a professional body person, but I felt, and he did too that he could complete the job. Well now he doesn't want to complete it.... So I need to find a shop that will do so, the car will also need the doors and trunk rehung and windshield reinstalled and the front fenders ready for paint. We live in North West central Illinois(North of Peoria), I am willing to take the car to a shop within @ 5-6 hour distance.

Hi 69Boss9,

Two of the best restoration outfits are Hill's Restorations and CASCO. The are located in Racine and Coshocton Ohio respectively. That is farther than you want to drive however. There are auto restoration shops in Illinois, just look in Google. Are you a member of a local T-Bird club chapter and a member of CTCI? Your local chapter will be your best bet to find good local repair and restoration shops to take you Bird to.

Good luck,

Walnut Park Auto Body in Saint Louis would be an excellent consideration. They specialize in muscle cars and early Corvettes but could handle your 'Birds restoration. A number of their cars have been featured in national publications.