Four Barn Find Chevrolets!!!

The attached pictures are of four very complete early Chevrolets (oops 3 and a Ford!) we are pulling out of a garage on Saturday. Three sedans and one coupe. The sedans are about 1927-1931 We will be checking the engines out and defining the cars better but they look exceptionally restorable and complete. Wood seems pretty good as well. I have not put a value on them yet but each will be very reasonable so if you would like first dibs give me a number. I will have many more pictures after Saturday. These cars will only be sold to people who want to restore them. Call me at 717-350-5484 or email aaca1@aaca.org Yes, I know I am violating our own rules here but hey the boss gets a few privileges! :)

post-30866-143142325534_thumb.jpg

post-30866-143142325542_thumb.jpg

post-30866-143142325549_thumb.jpg

post-30866-143142325556_thumb.jpg

Edited by Steve Moskowitz
sort of fxing my mistakes (see edit history)

Well guys, while I barely could get to see this car (too much crap covering the car) there was a Chevy emblem on the grille shell and Chevy hubcaps! I will report out on Saturday after it gets out of its tomb! All four cars came out of a small town Chevrolet dealership and the family stated they were all Chevy's as well.

Well guys, while I barely could get to see this car (too much crap covering the car) there was a Chevy emblem on the grille shell and Chevy hubcaps! I will report out on Saturday after it gets out of its tomb! All four cars came out of a small town Chevrolet dealership and the family stated they were all Chevy's as well.

Put me down for a Model A Ford Vote!

Howard Dennis

Just the bumper should tell you it's a 30-31 Model A.The spreader bar is the round, 28-29 style which might have been carried over to early 30. Check the dash panel to confirm. It still has a trunk, most were converted to rumble seats. The first pic (front shot) is a 29 or 30 Chevy not a 31.

Edited by Dave Mellor NJ (see edit history)

Guys, you have me convinced...I am smarting from my ignorance but have made an appointment with the eye doctor as I could have sworn I saw Chevy emblems on it! It was fairly impossible to get to the front of the car! We have four trailers heading up there on Saturday to pick the cars up and then I can put them up for sale. I really want these to get good homes and be restored as that is what the owner had wanted all along. Cars will be near Hershey so if anyone wants to see them it can be arranged. From now on I will only opine on Oldsmobiles!!! :)

Might not be your eyes....just because it's in a garage doesn't guarantee that all the parts are 100% original. Somebody may have stuck a couple Chevy parts on a Model A because they were handy and it needed to be in the parade... which of course makes it a "one-of-a-kind" and very very rare!! Wish I lived closer to all the cool stuff you guys find down there... all I find are rusty fenders and seized motors...

Hi guys, Merry Christmas to all, as the rest i am interested in more pics, I am a Buick guy, but may be interested in the coupe despite it being a ford or chevy, and i am an original guy, in the process of restoring a 40 Buick coupe conv, then my 64 skylark conv next, hope to be retiring this year and lineing up projects and that would fit the mold, thanks and take care all

Well, I am trying to sort all this out. More pictures next week. The 31 two-door sedan is a very restorable car. It is the only car with a title but the title calls it a 32 which it is not. Correct serial number for a '31. In 1971 it was sold for $300.

The car under restoration is a 27 (?) and was sold for $600. Restorable but a project!!!

The four door sedan is listed on the bill of sale as a 1930 and was also sold for the princely sum of $300. The Fisher Body data plate says Job# 31559. Will search for the serial number soon. 1931 is the year...serial number makes it clear.

The Chevrolet Model A ;):rolleyes::) hopefully will excite a Ford lover.

There are several people already on the '31 so I think it will find a good home. The cars are in PA and available to be seen by appointment. I will get with the family over the weekend and try to set the prices but they will be reasonable and fair. All four of these cars are much more than parts cars in my opinion.

Hope you guys have enjoyed this thread...

Edited by Steve Moskowitz
got the serial number (see edit history)

$300 for the 1930 seems like a ver good price even in 1971. I went to an auction in the mid 70's and there was a 1930 Chevy sedan much like the one you have. It was a solid California all original car that needed complete restoration. It didn't run but it did turn over. The bidding on it when over $3000!