89 Need a working cassette player or repair

sosuzguy

Probably prying a stuck tape out.

I think there is a place back east that will repair the old GM/Delco units. I believe they quoted me $150 for the repair. Mine is broken too. The play head is permanently stuck in the up position and I had to pry a tape out. I have been meaning to pull mine out and send it to them for repair.

If anyone else has a nice cassette deck as in working and in good cosmetic condition I will trade straight across for a CRT that needs repaired and also a good condition rear view mirror.

I need to replace mine. Some of the mechanism inside is smashed (IDK how PO's did that) and it won't play.

I have a working one that I will trade you as long as yours still receives a signal from the crt. Basically it has to be recognized and try to take commands.

Price shipping labels and your old player for area code 96789. Also I would like the CRT but not a requirement. PM me for the whole address.

Edited by D-a-n-i-e-l (see edit history)

• 5 weeks later...

i removed mine when the radio died and put in a new radio mp3 player in the cassette deck area. I have a grey 89 and love it but it's a daily driver so I wanted to play new music.

• 5 months later...
Guest hopair

I sent my '91 radio to;

Factory Radio Service & Repair

9155 Archibald ave., St 403

Rancho Cucamonga, CA 9173909-944-8844

$95.00 + $15.00 Return Shipping

Repaired Cassette and "tuned" the radio