HOLY BALL BEARINGS, BATMAN!

jeff_a

I've never seen a Peerless V-8 engine by itself for sale on e-Bay before...or anywhere else. Someone has an "Extremely Rare Teens-Era Peerless V-8 ENGINE" for sale for 5 1/2 more days. See "Peerless Parts For Sale" thread on the Peerless Forum, too. Starting price $3,000. Vendor also has a '29 Buick Roadster FS (red/restored/$50,000).

_ _ _ On 12/19/13, price changed to $2,000 OBO _ _ _

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

These aren't as rare as you might think. One in very good, complete condition would be very rare. Most of the ones I have found were not restorable. I contacted the seller on this engine and could not get any information on it which tells me the engine is in very bad shape. Maybe a boat anchor. The tower gear cover shown doesn't go with that engine.

RHL

I asked about the history of the engine and the seller claimed he didn't know where or who it came from and it was simply an estate sale. I had hoped he would tell me the deceased owner's last name or that it came out of a 19_ _ Peerless owned by collector ___ in location ___.

Still think it's a kind of rare bird, despite its questionable condition. I know that guy in Norway found an early Peerless V-8 engine in a barn a few years ago, but don't run into them much myself. My records show only about 56 Peerless V-8 cars surviving, plus three engines-without-cars.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)