Buicks in the Snow.

Dandy Dave

;)

6thn.jpg

You will get away with that up here in the North for about one light snow. After that, frost will settle in the ground and the road suface will turn to ice. You will need chains on the rear wheels to move. Or a convertion to 4WD and chains to boot if it is a really heavy snow. All I can say is your Buick must just float threw it as there isn't even any snow on the rear tires. Why, I believe it runs on Christmas Magic as though the windows it is a Green landscape in the back ground. Nice Try. But it just cannot compare to "The Buick SnowMaster." Dandy Dave!

Blizzard?

Those look like upstairs bedroom shots. Makes me remember a time when we were empty nesters and I could go upstairs and sit by the window.

Has anyone ever hear of shaken adult child syndrome? I was in the bank yesterday clearing up an issue and I asked the bank officer if she had ever hear of shaken banker syndrome; just reminded by thoughts of the view I don't get anymore.

post-46237-143142321169_thumb.jpg

Bernie

so "that's" snow?!!! Oh........

LOL...This is a mere drop in the bucket compared to some places... like Michigan for instance... ( Sorry Robert...just kidding I think)

The good news is it kills or diminishes some insects. The better news is it deters things like poisonous snakes, scorpions, and alligators,although spiders seems to thrive no matter what. And the best news is if often ends in this area by March.

And overall, since I can't drive half of my cars, I can justify using that half a lot more when I can drive em.

ps: I love that picture DJ.

Okay, "Buckfarmer", it's not fair to post a photo like that unless you tell us what year and model # that wonderful roadster is! I'm going to guess a big series 1930. What a wonderful car.

Ditto, for Larry DiBarry's '25. I love it.

I know about Leif's 1956 76-C, so I don't have to ask about it. Thanks to all for posting some wonderful photos.

Pete Phillips

Regarding the Bailey photo my thoughts are:

Center car: 49 Super

To the left of the center car, 50 Super and then another 49 Super, and one more 49

To the right, a 47 and then a 48. I think the last one on the right is a Subaru

Regarding the Bailey photo my thoughts are:

Center car: 49 Super

To the left of the center car, 50 Super and then another 49 Super, and one more 49

To the right, a 47 and then a 48. I think the last one on the right is a Subaru

LOL... A Subaru. Oh sure thing. :P I say it is Doc's Delorian with the flux capasitor. Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
Guest buckfarmer
post-64154-143142361289_thumb.jpgWanted to post this picture back at Christmas but couldn't find it. We took the 1930 model 57 out for a drive Christmas 2012 and 2013 (notice the tire chains). I didn't have time to get the ol'girl running this year for Christmas.

• 1 year later...
Guest shadetree77

Glad to see this thread back up. Well....sorta. Depends on how you look at it. Summer can't come soon enough! Figured I'd post a few net finds here. Seems an appropriate day seeing as there's been almost a foot of snow dumped on the ground today and more to come overnight. My Buick is safely tucked away in the dry garage covered in blankets. :cool:

post-75106-143142958144_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143142958147_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143142958149_thumb.jpg

post-75106-143142958157_thumb.jpeg

post-75106-14314295816_thumb.jpeg

post-75106-143142958163_thumb.jpeg

post-75106-143142958421_thumb.jpeg

post-75106-143142958424_thumb.jpeg

Edited by shadetree77 (see edit history)

Guest shadetree77

Dave, You might be right. It was labeled as a Buick when I found it so I just went with it. I'm definitely not a pre-war expert by any means. If you're reasonably sure it's not a Buick let me know and I'll take it down.:)

Larry, We cleared ours today too. Wooo!!! Quite an undertaking. Let's just say you were 100% right about the "adequacy" of my electric snow blower!! Lol. It did OK. Better than shoveling the whole thing but I think I'll stick it on Craigslist in the Fall and start looking for something with a little more power. Probably nothing close to what you've got but something a little more suited to Michigan winters. That electric would be OK for somewhere like Kentucky or southern Indiana, NOT here!