Can you believe this still works!

Beltfed

These are two pics of my old oil pressure sender. It was toasted on my test bench so I ordered a new one. Received it, found it was made in China and does not work due to poor construction and poorer quality control. Opened my old one up, filed the points, reset the point opening distance and polished the electrical contacts points. Heck, I might even reinstall since I can't locate an NOS one.post-88682-143142312966_thumb.jpg

post-88682-143142312992_thumb.jpg

I forgot to add that the information in the Ford Service Bulletins might be wrong. It states that at 25 psi the points will open about 125 times/minute. I found that around 60 or less to be more correct. That will cause the gauge needle to wonder just a tad but within reason. The sender is very rusty so that could also be it.

These are two pics of my old oil pressure sender. It was toasted on my test bench so I ordered a new one. Received it, found it was made in China and does not work due to poor construction and poorer quality control. Opened my old one up, filed the points, reset the point opening distance and polished the electrical contacts points. Heck, I might even reinstall since I can't locate an NOS one.[ATTACH=CONFIG]226758[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]226757[/ATTACH]

I find it hard to believe that a quality bit manufactured in China did not work! :) They must have run out of the thick tin foil.