1937 Zephyr radiator cap

oldstyle

I'm having a hard time finding one that will fit. I've ordered 2 from different ebay vendors and still no luck. They have been too large to fit in the neck. Looks like the previous owner put a gas cap on the radiator (says vented). Im ordering a parts book from Earle but it's going to take a while.

Thanks,

Earle Brown's 2011 catalog only lists caps for 42-48. Boos-Herrel's catalog lists caps for 38-41, but you might have to mortgage your house. You might try Sacramento Vintage Ford, which has non-pressure and pressure caps for '37-48 Fords, but I'm not sure how they would fit.

"oldbuickone,

I have several caps &parts left over from restoring my '38LZ, the parts book states that the '36LZ used a 51-9030B, (truck #), '37 LZ used HB-8100( '37LZ #)

and the '38-'41 LZ used 77-8100A.( ? don't know this #). What is the measurement (OD) of the filler neck? Is it a '37LZ upper tank? Since you have a gas cap that fits, I can make you

a radiator cap from parts that I have and other parts that are available. "E" zephyr38@verizon , Larry