1964-1966 Mercedes steering wheel identification

nickg112

Absolutely Mercedes. There were three similar, the full round chrome horn ring usually on an ivory wheel (like I have), then a chrome ring bent backwards at the top and finally a satin chrome horn ring (anti-glare) version that was more flat at top rather then bent back. That looks satin and flat on top, can you confirm? The W113 and W111/112 coupes used this style so there are a few options. Is there a part number starting with 113, 111, etc.?

If the back is intact there will either be a relatively flat section or a bulky "crash absorbing" addition that was fitted to later cars. I am enjoying the topics you post, thanks.

You've exhausted my specific knowledge on this but it could be on anything from a W113 to a W111/112 but not the very early cars and maybe not the very late cars, but moving towards mid-late opposed to mid-early because of the satin chrome (appears that way to me anyway) and that it seems to lack the shock pad on the back. Here's an example of one we know is correct being offered by the Classic Center, it is like yours but has a chrome ring, and states '65-'67 in the listing and covers models 230S, 250S/SE, 250SL, 300SE which is everything from sedan to coupe to roadster. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz-Classic-Black-Steering-Wheel-230S-250S-SE-250SL-300SE-1965-1967-/271351169615?vxp=mtr

Thank you. I really appreciate it. I had no idea what it was. I will be listing it on eBay. I do not have a Mercedes from the 60s.

I do also see that the Grand 600 came with a similar wheel, if this is for a 600 the value would be slightly higher if it wasn't shared with other models. Again, I'm not sure how you can confirm without a part number but maybe Classic Center could help if you sent a pic.