1969 Boss 302/Shelby coupe: Is it real?

I came across a website www.mustangmonthly.com/...gt350_shelby_<wbr>mustang/viewall.html

where the car's owner , a 1969 Shelby GT350 built new with a Boss 302, goes to elaborate lengths to document as an experimental car built during Bunkie Knudsen's short tenure at FoMoCo (before being unceremoniously fired by Henry Ford II who resented his unilateral decisions). The car has a "G" series id inthe SN which all the Boss 302's did and was built at Kar Kraft, Ford's in-hosue experimental car building shop. My question is, other than the 2008 story by Jerry Heasley in Mustang Monthly, I can't find reference to the car in old magazines. My theory is that the car was bought by a lucky Ford employee who did not let other employees know it was a 302 and just took decades before it became recognized.

The owner of the car uses the phrase "pilot car" and I seldom here that phrase but what it refers to is that, sometimes to test the assembly line before production starts, they whack out a few cars, leading to such oddities as '63 Corvette Stingrays being built while '62's were still in production. Pilot cars are not supposed to be sold.

So my question is: Does anyone remember hearing about a 1969 Boss 302/ShelbyGT350 one off existing before the current owner built his impressive website.

PS Love those stories about Knudsen at Ford; I guess one of the things that ticked off HFII was that Knudsen would initiate projects all on his own...