New Radio and Speakers

TNtc

I know this has been talked about alot here. But I want to kick the dead horse again.

I am having to replace my radio and all the speakers.

I would like to update. Any thoughts as to what is good for the TC.

I must say that I liked the all black look on the infinity. So I would like something that has a clean and classy look.

Since all speakers are shot should I replace all 8 or not

Thanks

Six works for me, dont wire dash spks. Unless you would like remove the dash ,then you can use dash for tweeters or 3 in. Full range spks.best to add amps.

You can plug your iPhone, MP3, or remote controll multi disk changer into the back of the factory radio and play it through the car system. If you decide to keep the factory radio for the origional look you can get the plug connector from Radio Shack and the wire pinout from the allpar link. Speakers with onboard amps that fit can still be found in the bone yards, old mini vans are plug and play, old Jaguars are the best source for speakers of the same size, or you can get new to fit and put an external amp inbetween. When you get your rear storage area torn down to replace those speakers you find find lots of room to mount a small amp and run the wires under the carpet.

• 1 month later...
Guest donny612

Does anyone know what size the replacement speakers would need to be? Like the other poster, never mind about the 3" dash speakers. (I have no desire to remove the dash) I just need to update/replace my existing door/rear speakers. Just in the planning stage and want to do some pricing.

Does anyone know what size the replacement speakers would need to be? Like the other poster, never mind about the 3" dash speakers. (I have no desire to remove the dash) I just need to update/replace my existing door/rear speakers. Just in the planning stage and want to do some pricing.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting speaker discovery, some old Bose cube speakers that won't work with any regular home stereo work real good to replace blown rear speakers, so if anyone is hanging on to a set of old speakers that only worked with an old sound system you might find some very good 5.25 replacement speakers for your car. Don't get carried away like I did and go buying an old set off ebay. Use what you have in the basement or closet, picking up another set that looks like the ones you took apart to find something useful might just add to your junk pile. I can't find any tech data on old cube speakers or Bose systems so cubes with the all black cases? some will work, others don't, speaker cubes with color trim don't. But if you have a set that's been collecting dust for years it's worth the time to look, don't expect to be able to put the case back together if you don't find the perfect match as the cube is not meant to be opened.