150hp v12 or 110 hp v12 ?

oldstyle

I was reading through a old car book. According to the book, the early 30's Lincoln v12s had 150hp. So....if I wanted another 40hp for my 37 zephyr I could look for an early v12? This doesn't seem right. Is it?

I was looking at buying a spare v12 and thought they were all the same. Any blocks better then others?

Guest 65Starfire

The Model K's v12 is a larger displacement large horsepower engine that in no way resembles the Zephyr's - if you thing parts for the LZ are hard to come by and expensive try looking for parts for a K...

Guest 65Starfire
Raul, the V-12 you are taking about was the engine used in the big Model L Lincoln's mainly from the early 30's not in the same league as the Zephyrs. Doubt you could shoe horn one of those engines into our model H Lincoln Zeffers...

I thought the 12 cyl. engine was in the K and the L had an eight. Or do you men an L head for the KA engine?

H and H Flatheads claims they can get 150 HP from the 292 V-12 using higher compression heads, multiple carbs, a reground cam with solid adjustable lifters, and Reds headers. If you want more, they will sell you a supercharger. Seems reasonable to me, anybody done this?

Abe