Very Sad News....

BrushGuy

I am very sorry to have to bring this news to my fellow Brush enthusiasts. Long time Brush Owners Association member and past editor Wilbur "Mac" McCoy was killed in a fiery automobile crash on Thanksgiving evening. Mac and wife Peg were on their way home when their car was rear ended by a 24 year old drunk driver speeding at over 125 miles per hour.

Mac was a great guy, kind, helpful, and very intelligent. He did so much over the years to assist other Brush owners with their projects, and published the Brush Runabout for more than 10 years. I never met him personally, but we talked on and off for over 25 years, and I always truly enjoyed my conversations with him. He will be sorely missed.

John Guy

• 2 weeks later...

As I did not know him, or anybody that personally knew him, I have been hesitant on commenting.

I did correspond with him some years back when I was looking into maybe buying a Brush. I have come close to buying a Brush twice, but not gotten one so far.

It always saddens me to hear such news. I do not say that I am sorry to hear it. I want to know of my friends and my friend's friend and family losses because I care about them. I have lost several friends to drunk drivers and known too many people driving antique automobiles that have been hit by such idiots. I have been among the first people on the scene of drunk-driver collisions a few times.

"What is right, is right. What is wrong, is wrong. Who your friends and family are does NOT change that!"

Society needs to make a choice. Drunks and other reckless drivers should NOT be allowed to drive! Period. I like to drive my antique automobiles. I drive them at speeds similar to that of hundreds of people in modern vehicles. I pass modern vehicles nearly eery day that I leave the house. When I am driving my modern car, I am expected to not hit those people, trucks, tractors, etc. I should be able to have the same expectation.

I Googled Mac's name and found that his wife was also killed. My condolences to their families, and their many friends. My prayers go with them as they have to so many others.

Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2