In need of 1952 Olds right front brake/hub

Guest Old Codger

Guest Old Codger

I've posted in the general section too, I'm grounded until I can find a 1952 right front drum/hub...Mines shot. A 50/51 or preferably 52 will work. I'd prefer the right side with the right handed wheel threads, instead of a left side with the left handed threads, but I'll take a left side to get me back on the road.

Thanks guys for the help.

Old Codger

Eastern part of Nebraska

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Old Codger

Still in need of right front drum/hub for 1952 98......1950-51-52 will work just fine.

Need to drive, instead of sit in garage!!!!!

Old Codger

hi, i recently had both of my 1953 pontiac front hubs off the car to remove the original left and right hand threaded lug bolts so i could have new lug bolts installed that were 1/4th of an inch longer, i needed the extra 1/4" for keeping full thread contact for the lug bolts and nuts after putting a 1/4" wheel spacer between the front brake drums and wheels. reason i needed the extra 1/4" is so i could mount my 1953 olds wire wheel hubcaps that i modified with the 1953 pontiac rear fender indian emblems. i like the look of the olds wire wheel hubcaps so much more than what pontiac had as it's optional wire wheel hubcaps starting in 1953, the olds hubcaps makes it so much easier to install or remove the rear fender skirts. the 15" wheels that i'm using are also from a early 1950's olds 98 with the riveted on small hubcap clips, those are perfect for holding onto the olds wire wheel hubcaps too. one bonus i didn't expect is the new longer lug bolts doesn't bite into the lug holes on the brake drums like the original lug bolts do, so now i can remove the front brake drums to inspect the front brakes just like you can do when you slide off the rear brake drums. no need to pull the front hub with the front drums anymore. charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor.

post-32395-143142326344_thumb.jpg

post-32395-143142326369_thumb.jpg

post-32395-143142326395_thumb.jpg

post-32395-14314232642_thumb.jpg

You should be able to use a 53 to 56 but will have to use the 52 on back inner bearing race,I bought what was supposed to be a rebuilt 54 front suspension for my 53 and used my 53 drums and found out the 52 on back had smaller inner bearings but using 52 on back bearings and races the 53 drums worked.

• 2 months later...

Just came upon this website -- and today's your lucky day --- I HAVE ========== N. O. S. ======== Front HUB & DRUM Assemblies ---- for the 1946 - 1952

OLDSMOBILES that fit that only.............. Also have brake shoes, wheel cylinders, brake hoses, wheel bearings & seals, emergency brake cables and N.O.S. Orignial GM Rear Brake Drums (since we know, the repros stink...) ------ ALL BRAND NEW ==== U.S.A. Made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CALL ME ----- Craig -- 516 - 485 - 1935....... New York....

HEEEEEEEEEEEEy, "Old Codger the Cornhusker" ---- I haven't heard from you yet --- I don't know any other way to reach you other

than to respond to your request -------

Call me -------------- Craig ---- 516 - 485 - 1935..... New York...... anytime, if I'm not there, machine is always on, and I will call you

back as soon as I get the message, COUNT ON IT........

HEEEEEEEEEEEEy, "Old Codger the Cornhusker" ---- I haven't heard from you yet --- I don't know any other way to reach you other than to respond to your request -------

As with most on-line forum software, right click on his screen name next to his post and you'll be given the option to send a PM or an email directly.

HEEEEEEEEEEEy, JOE, you know that on this site and the classicoldsmobile site -- I am a "rookie" to the computer!!!

I'm still learning the basics -- I have over 43 years in Antique Cars & (ESPECIALLY) Parts -- but I'm still "feeling my

way" around the computer.... You guys know the "ins" and "outs" -- I'm just happy I know some basics... and can

help.... and I'm willing to have all you guys just call me --- which is why I leave my number... I'm not hiding!!!!!

Here is all the information you wanted --- the HUBS & DRUMS are just that -- they are factory produced (ORIGINAL KELSEY-HAYES -- who made them for GM)

Complete Assemblies --- HUBS, STUDS, DRUMS, Complete MOUNTED & BALANCED Assemblies right from KELSEY-HAYES ------- they still D O have the markings on them, as you requested -- I have EXACTLY FOUR (4) -- 2 Lefties and 2 Righties -- and they are marked 22929 and 22930 ...... That may be a "coded" G M #

or that may be the Kelsey-Hayes # --------

The Inner Bearings are B52 or 909052 by all the companies back then -- and the race & balls #s are 909552, 909652, and 909752............

The Outer Bearings are B01 or 909001 by all the companies back then -- and the race & balls #s are 909501, 909601, and 909701............

The Front Wheel Seals are 5910 National ..............

The Front Shoes are # 160 FMSI, etc....................

++++++++++++++ C A L L M E ++++++++++++ Craig -- 516 - 485 - 1935..... New york....

Guest Old Codger

Some days a person gets lucky I guess....Found two of the front drum/hubs instead of just one. And only 60 miles way from me...A fellow was parting out a 50 Olds 4 door. The 50 Olds drum is the same as the 52.:):):) The were advertized in the local paper, under parts for sale. Took them to the local brake shop and they've never been turned. Bearings, races and seals from OLCAR BEARING COMPANY who was suggested from a post on the AACA forums to get bearings.

I'll be back on the road either this week-end or the first of next week.:):):)

Old Codger