1950-1955 starter

I'd be happy to try and help you out and see about supplying one, but it looks like I will need more information. Do you have a starter that could be rebuilt or is it missing all together? For the 1950-52 L-110 truck I show three different starters listed depending on voltage and transmission. The 1953-54 R-110 shows two different starter numbers and the 1955 R-110 also shows two different starters. To make sure we get you what we need, I'd need some more info and if you have an original starter, rebuilding that would be the best bet.

Let me know if I can help.

-Jason

1107095 Ok2 is the delco no I have for my current starter. I took the starter to a old guy that rebuilds them. He said the drive mech was blown out and it needed new brushes and bearings. He has a history of being very reasonable. His price was 243.00. I don't know if this truck even runs well yet so I'm trying to minimize my investment until I know. After talking with some of the ihc guys I think most of the fifties starters will work because they were all the same motor but that is the big question. The truck is a 6v 4 speed and I think 1952 L110 the drive has 9 teeth. I have had multiple offers but nothing has worked out yet. Where did you get a parts number book for ihc trucks?

That number wasn't one of the numbers listed. Without digging too deep, I'm not sure what the original application was for that starter. None of that really matters if it works on the truck. If I were you, I would just have the starter you have and that you know works fixed. I'm not going to comment on another rebuilders pricing, but I would have to charge you more than that if I had a complete rebuilt starter ready to ship. Would you feel comfortable changing the drive assembly, I could provide you with the parts and save you some money. Did you mention to the rebuilder that you just wanted the minimum done to get the truck running?

The book I used was a Delco Remy Truck application catalog.

-Jason

I don't know that this starter even works on the truck. Perhaps it was the wrong starter and that's why it failed and the truck was parked. No person has been able to cross reference or verify this starter number, yourself included. This is one reason that I'm cautious about a rebuild.

The only ones I have in the yard are later 50's (12v) or a 1948 that might not be the same starter so I'm not much help. I did find this thread after a quick google search though... you may be able to contact this guy to see what his starter numbers are. At least then you would know if you are dealing with the right piece of equipment....

http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98700

I received and installed a used starter that I found out of Kansas today. It looks like this one is original and correct to the truck. It has a little bit different configuration than the one I had. I am glad I didn't rebuild an in-correct starter. Now if it goes out I've got correct core to rebuild. Thank you to everyone for your help.

• 1 month later...