WTB NOS Exhaust Hangers for 1965 Riviera 401

Guest Rob J

I have all of my stock hangers, but several of them have broken rubber straps. Looking for some NOS hangers. Let me know what you have. Thanks.

I found it tough to spend $ on my rear spring insulators… lol I know they're cheap but so am I…so I bought a 12"x12" fabric reinforced medium duty mat for $12 from McMaster-Carr. I made my insulators & washers to look pretty close to the ones that came off of the car with it. I still have half of the mat to use on other stuff along this build. They have two locations one out by me & one closer to u. They offer different thicknesses for light to heavy duty applications. Call 'em up…super easy to talk to…you will still have to cut your own to make your hangers but you won't have to say u used an old tire if that's what's eating at cha lol

mu9yqe4y.jpg

I am close to firing up my engine for the first time too. Did u buy an exhaust kit, if so, from who?

Regards,

David

That's a great idea, thanks for the tip David. Yep, I ordered a Waldron's kit two weeks ago. It should be in in about two weeks. Once I get the exhaust installed, I'll be ready to fire up the engine and break her in on the chassis. Looking forward.

Got the motor all primed up this evening with Break In oil and cam lube.

• 7 months later...
Guest ssmccorp
Hi Rob,

i have the same dilemma for the Wildcat; I tried to reuse old ones that the rubber is dried out, gnarly.

spoke with Steve Caruso who does nice resto work and he will redo rubber and rivets to your spec.

I have his number here

I there,

I need a set of hangers made. do you have Steve Caruso's number? I believe I have all the originals.

Thanks

Stephen 5405399144

Guest Im4darush

I am having the same exact issue with my 65. It currently has a custom system with two mufflers under the front seats and would like to go back to factory crossflow. When I say custom, I mean all the factory hangers are gone and replaced with what was needed to hang this system. It is a pretty nice system(almost new), but the mufflers under the seats are kind of annoying me. Without the factory hangers, I know I will have issues with a facory system.

Ruth at Waldron's sent me this pic of the hangers they are reproducing at $10 each. These are only to mimic the 4 exhaust pipe hangers on our cars. Ruth mentioned they can reproduce the muffler hangers too. But she hopes someone who has the original muffler hangers can send them to her for a template. Apparently, she has had a couple guys say "yea yea I have 'em & will send them" but they've never showed up.

image_zpsa971f7bf.jpg