UU2 versus UUR2

K8096

There are quite a few differences between the two carbs, a UUR2 is a much better product. The bodies are different and don't interchange. Both were installed on cars from 240 cid to 525 cid. They are often installed from Nash or Stude on PA's and don't run right. Also there are several different venturies sizes. The shop I work with makes more than 100 Stromberg updraft parts. I deal with these carbs every day. I can help you in more detail if needed, PM me if you like with your phone number. PS The only correct application for a Stutz is the UUR2 per the factory Stromberg book, we have built them for both left and right hand drive Stutz cars.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

Guest studepeople
There are quite a few differences between the two carbs, a UUR2 is a much better product. The bodies are different and don't interchange. Both were installed on cars from 240 cid to 525 cid. They are often installed from Nash or Stude on PA's and don't run right. Also there are several different venturies sizes. The shop I work with makes more than 100 Stromberg updraft parts. I deal with these carbs every day. I can help you in more detail if needed, PM me if you like with your phone number. PS The only correct application for a Stutz is the UUR2 per the factory Stromberg book, we have built them for both left and right hand drive Stutz cars.

Ed ; I could use some help on a couple of parts I need for a UUR2. The shop you deal with do they have a web site or an address and number I can get in touch with them? I could truly use the help.......Thanks

John Cislak rebuilt the UUR-2 for my '31 Pierce, and did a great job. He makes a lot of the parts for these carbs, and knows how to rebuild them to match both the car and today's fuel. He's busy in his shop, so like a lot of things in this hobby, you'll need a little patience and a little more money, but it's worth it....

Go on Ebay and just type in a search for UUR-2, he has a "Pierce Parts Store" and his contact information is in the listings.....

Hi, John Cislak's contact info is 413-543-9017 east coast business hours. His email is pierceparts@aol.com . He makes lots more parts for the Stromberg carbs than he has listed. Some of the stuff you see on other sites for sale are his parts. He makes parts for Stromberg UU2, UUR2, EX-22, EX-32, EE-3 and some others. He has upgrades for many parts and for E10. His small website has some of the Stromberg photos and parts listed in color go to piercepartsstore.com and you can see what he does. My best. Ed

Does anyone know what one of these UUR2 carbs are worth? There is an elderly gentleman here in Sarasota who has one, and asked me to find out how he could sell it. He used to own some large Pierces years ago, and had this one carb restored. I looked at it, and it seems brand new, but other than that I don't know anything about it. I'd really like to be able to get back to the fellow with a value, and a way to sell it.

I just "brokered" the selling of two of them (although technically it wasn't true brokering as I didn't ask to be paid), email me and I'll tell you the range. One problem with these is that they were used on a few Classic cars and even White trucks, so just about any one that a person buys is going to have to be rebuilt to match their car (jets and such). david.coco@comcast.net

I just "brokered" the selling of two of them (although technically it wasn't true brokering as I didn't ask to be paid), email me and I'll tell you the range. One problem with these is that they were used on a few Classic cars and even White trucks, so just about any one that a person buys is going to have to be rebuilt to match their car (jets and such). david.coco@comcast.net

In addition to David's comment, Stromberg used five different venturi sizes to allow these carburetors to be used on different displacement engines, as well as two different sized air intake castings, plus a very few had no accelerator pump. Both the UU-2 and the UUR-2 are TYPES OR MODELS of carburetor. The different INTERNAL sizes allowed them to be used by various manufacturers on engines from 198 to 525 CID.

Jon.

As Carbking often has more information than anyone else, I stand corrected as to the CID that the Stromberg U series fit. I did not realize they went down to 198 cid. I was showing 240 in my notes. There are two different size choke horns with various choke set up with single or dual shafts, and so many different linkage set up's that it would make your head spin. I have also seen several bronze U series carbs with other changes to them. There are two Bugatti carbs in the shop right now, both incorrect applications, the super charged type 57 had a carb off a small displacement car and someone drilled out the large venturies with a drill press. It is unbelievable how abused and screwed up most of these carbs are.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

David, I just sent photos of Frank's UUR-2 carb and also a Pierce distributor. Please let me know what you think.