1926 Chrysler Coupe Model number??

Guest Vintage Vic

Guest Vintage Vic

I'm trying to find out what model I have, 6 cly with M1 26 352 stamped on engine. It's a 3 window coupe but I can't find a photo with a dash like mine.

post-97834-143142290478_thumb.jpg

You cannot find a photo of it because it is actually a 1928 Chrysler Model 62 coupe that you have there. The engine number looks to be correct also for a 1928. Can you provide the FEDCO dashboard plate (in the upper center of the dash rail) photo or rubbing or number.

post-37352-1431422905_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Guest Vintage Vic
You cannot find a photo of it because it is actually a 1928 Chrysler Model 62 coupe that you have there. The engine number looks to be correct also for a 1928. Can you provide the FEDCO dashboard plate (in the upper center of the dash rail) photo or rubbing or number.

I'll check it when I get home,,,,and post a photo, thanks very much

VV, Since the headlights don't appear to have the glass jewels in them for high beam indicators they should be correct. You can have Depress Beam or Tiltray depending on production date. The reflector will tell you which you have if the lenses are incorrect. The fenders are correct. Sounds like you have a Business Coupe if it is a 3 window as the Sport Coupe has 5 windows and the rear window rolls down. Is your car complete? Are you intending to restore it? A friend recently purchased a Sport Coupe and is looking for a parts car if you are aware of any. I did have the center steering levers recast for the series 62 if you are restoring this. Rob hattiesgarage@comcast.net

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Vintage Vic

My 28 model is complete and I do intend to restore it. You're right, Business Coupe I think. I haven't started the engine yet but it turns over with starter and everything seems right. Only need to put fuel to it,

I do need the center steering levers for mine, as well as the on / off switch, all are wasted.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Vintage Vic

Well I finally got time to try to start my 28 model 62. I cleaned the carb, everything looks fine except maybe the gaskets should be changed. I did get it started only for about 15 seconds, the carb kept flooding. Everything seems fine except for the fuel. Anyone have suggestions?

Also, I bought a master clyinder with plunger but it needs the rubber inside and the boot. If I had these I probably could re-build it myself.

If you have the die-cast carb and not the brass one, you may have a carb that can't be rebuilt.

Your float may be stuck, sunk, some how not shutting the fuel supply off.

These carbs can only handle 2-4 PSI, about the weight of a quart of gasoline. If you are using a modern fuel pump most put out 5-8 PSI.

Your master cylinder used a leather boot. If your cylinder bore is 1 3/8" these are hard to find,I have been looking for one for quite some time.