We found another traveler....a 50

AdW13

We went to pick up a 55 Dodge Royal Lancer we found. Turns out the guy was an old farmer who had a bunch of mopars....and best part was he has a 50 traveler. It ran and drove when he disassembled it...but it is in pieces now. Most of the stuff is in his barns but the body was literally burried under a foot of soil that had washed down the hill nehind it during a flood.....after a few hours we got it out to get access to the other complet custom Royal and spare hemi we got.....anyhow....we told him we were very interested in his traveler but he said he wanted to get it going someday.

Well....the next day when we went back to get the other car he showed us that he had many parts from the traveler chromed and ready to go back on it. He said he couldnt let his go as cheap as the 51 we found but may b interested to sell it to us. He also has a parts car for that....a 50 windsor.... He also has the original traveler motor and another 48 l head.

He said he has already sold 10 or so old mopars....and still has a 50 highlander 2 door hardtop, a 60 dart 2 door ht, and another 60 or 62 Chrysler boat....And a 49 or 50 1.5 ton truck....We told him we cant get back down there in winter but want the traveler in spring. He also had a whole barn full of old mopar parts....he worked at napa and had a machine shop set up in a barn....so he seemed to come across all the goodies people were tossing out.

I think we have been bit by the mopar bug......before August we didn't own any....and now we have a 51 traveler, a 50 royal parts car, two 55 royal lancers w/hemi's and soon to get a 50 traveler and windsor.....and a spare 265 l head and hemi......

We had a great time looking at all the guy's cool old stuff, too. All in all it was a great experience.....

It will never be the mopar or nocar for me....cuz i will have my 51 chevy til the day I die....but yeah they are engineered a lot better. I like most Chevies...just not the vettes and new camaros. .....and I am a GMC /chevy truck fan for sure....and i would love a 25 model Tt ford.....I am diverse...i just like style. Oh yeah i even saw a really cool 37 ford flatbed that had fenders from the factory that i fell in love with.

Guest Stephen weaver
So AdW,

What is he planning on doing with the 60 Dart and the other boats?

They could be for sale. We could ask him if he has any other cars for sale and what they are!!! sw

I amsure he would sell. They are at his farm and he has moved into town....not likely he will get to them. The "boat" he has in the barn may be some fancy Chrysler....he said it was a 60 or 62 I think.....it had an inch of dust on it like the one we got. Stephen can email asking him. It would suck to just let that dart rot out there....the windshield already got broke from something getting blown onto it. All of the cars are very straight and pretty complete...he parked them with high hopes of restoring them. He said he has already sold ten...and his prices were very reasonable. He said he had plans to make the highlander into a convertible custom...cuz it is a 2d ht.....but he admitted he would probably never get to it. He is building a kit airplane....and has been since 06....so he spends his time working on that.

Ps....he agreed to sell us his traveler and windsor...we are so stoked...te traveler is in pieces...but he has it all...and even has some of the chrome redone already.

Here is what ours looked like....PicsArt_1385329199589.jpg

After we washed it...kinda...since it was 20 degrees out...

IMG_20131124_101850.jpg

Edited by AdW13 (see edit history)

John...you were the reason i even opened the ad. I remembered yours and was wanting to see if it was like yours....so i open the ad and sure enough just like yours but 4 door.... We were heading up to get firewood the next morning but cancelled so we could call this guy bright and early....730 am...lol Good thing, too....cuz he had someone call when we were on our way who said he wanted it...We love it. Theplan is to get it road worthy and enjoy it while we do the 51 traveler...then worry about restoring it..The only thing we can see we need off the parts car is one v8 emblem....we will just park the spare out backand keep the parts...just in case. That way if we ever get creamed we have replacement metal. Do you think the price was good? We didnnt mind paying his full asking price but it was great he ended up having a chevy 216 for a spare for my bus. Coupe. So glad i opened that page...thanks to you. (I always search the years 31 to 55 separately on craigslist as Randy watches tv....i kill myself seeing all the great deals we just dont jump on...but this time is different.

I am envious of your cars....i want them...lol. I will have to settle for a ride when we come back down in June.

What are the little bullets?

Edited by AdW13 (see edit history)

Hey Jack, what is the car in your pic? The day i saw these 55's i also saw a 49 (if i remember correctly) plymouth suburban....it was darker green and i think the price was 3 grand. It was very cute....and looked similar to the car in your pic. It must have sold cuz when i went back to find it to compare i couldn't find the cl ad.

Hey Jack, what is the car in your pic? The day i saw these 55's i also saw a 49 (if i remember correctly) plymouth suburban....it was darker green and i think the price was 3 grand. It was very cute....and looked similar to the car in your pic. It must have sold cuz when i went back to find it to compare i couldn't find the cl ad.

Mine is a 52 Plymouth Suburban. A lucky find as well, most of the restoration was done when I got it. A real pleasure to drive.

Thanks for asking.

I am kind of a Mopar or no car kind of guy... LOL