1929 Cadillac 341B Roadster - Fresh correct restoration - Possibly best one in the world

Ovalrace25

Hey guys, The Roadster is for sale. The owner has decided that since he has room for 6 cars, that he must decide which two need to find a new home. I restored this Cadillac Roadster in 2006 to 2008. It is a total nut and bolt proper restoration of a well-known roadster. The former John Walton car that has been featured over many years in plenty of publications. The car is correct and has the original matching number engine (also rebuilt) I have many photos taken during the restoration as well as all the backup documentation.

Just a look at the photos will give you some idea of how thorough this project was. Norm likes his closed cars a bit better, since he can take guests on short trips. The roadster puts the guest in the rumble seat and this is just not easy to ask of the ladies who don't want their hair blown--- So, the decision has been made.

Price of this roadster is based on condition and difficulty of finding any that compares to this car. Since it is a V8 and not a 12 or 16, this hurts value a bit. But for reliability and dependability, the V8 has the vote hands-down. Norm should expect offers near 200K for this Cadillac.

I have included a photo of the car prior to the restoration so you can see that John Walton had left it in very good condition. I have a couple of road test videos on my youtube channel search rodneyracer or try this link http://youtu.be/1zItLh7LKfA

post-46235-143142287533_thumb.jpg

post-46235-143142287499_thumb.jpg

post-46235-143142287529_thumb.jpg

post-46235-143142287555_thumb.jpg

I toured many a time behind or in front of this car, Buddy Walton set it up to drive, and in the 60's and 70's it went many a mile. The then owner of my '31 Pierce worked with Buddy, and the cars were often stored together.

It was, and is, a great and beautiful car......wish you well in finding a good home for it.....there's an article in one of the Rasmussen books about how and where the car was found and restored in the early 60's...

I too toured locally many times along with Buddy (John M. Walton, Jr.), and David is right.

This car was always a wonderful driver, and Buddy drove it the way Cadillac intended for it to be enjoyed.

I should have bought it when it was sold from his estate - woulda', coulda', shoulda.... we grow too soon old, and too late smart.

I remember buying the rolling chassis and fenders for this car's stable-mate parts-car which Buddy had, and delivering it to a gentleman in West Virginia while on my way to Hershey several years ago. There again, I would have been better off to have kept it to build a '29 Cadillac V-8 Speedster when I had the opportunity.

post-54863-143142288913_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143142288923_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143142288925_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143142288932_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I remember readiing about this car in a reproduced excerpt from the Rasmussen book which appeared in Motor Trend. I lusted after the car then and wish I could afford it now! Is looks even better now then when it appeared in the Rasmussen book in the 1970's. Good luck on the sale. If I win the lottery today you wil be my first phone call!

Eric