Capacity Question

Guest SteveB

I know this is a very simple question, but I need confirmation on the coolant capacity of my '34 SE. My old Motor's Manual says 17 quarts!!!! I can't believe that. I've replaced the radiator and put three gallons (12 quarts) in it. Either 17 quarts is a misprint, or I have a serious problem. Anyone have the answer? Thanks.

I know this is a very simple question, but I need confirmation on the coolant capacity of my '34 SE. My old Motor's Manual says 17 quarts!!!! I can't believe that. I've replaced the radiator and put three gallons (12 quarts) in it. Either 17 quarts is a misprint, or I have a serious problem. Anyone have the answer? Thanks.

If you have only drained the radiator I presume you havent taken into account the coolant still in the block; the quoted total coolant capacity would include that plus the radiator contents. FWIW my 1934 Chrysler service manual quotes the total coolant capacity as 16 qts.

If you have only drained the radiator I presume you havent taken into account the coolant still in the block; the quoted total coolant capacity would include that plus the radiator contents. FWIW my 1934 Chrysler service manual quotes the total coolant capacity as 16 qts.

That`s right. I have a 35 SE and the cooling capacity is 4 gallons (16 quarts if you like). By the way, the block drainer is a brass hexagonal plug in the side of the block, just behind the distributor.

Adam..

Guest JohnArthurSpinks
That`s right. I have a 35 SE and the cooling capacity is 4 gallons (16 quarts if you like). By the way, the block drainer is a brass hexagonal plug in the side of the block, just behind the distributor.

Adam..

hi hchris,

I can confirm the capacity of the SE cooling system.

By the way I see that you are in South Australia.

I am in Victoria, Australia.

Do you have an Airflow and if so what model and where did it come from?

my email is johnspinks48 @gmail.com if you should want to correspond.

Regards

John Spinks