Can anyone identify these '35 Desoto Airflow parts?

Guest brickyardboy

Guest brickyardboy

These parts were in my spare '35 Desoto Airflow SG parts box, and I've looked through my '34-36 master maintenance manual, but can't identify them. Anyone have an idea? Thanks....Bill

post-96959-14314228461_thumb.jpg

post-96959-143142284614_thumb.jpg

First picture - top piece is a leg for the front seat - seat adjuster rails attach or are welded to the top of it. The triangular pieces are mounting pads for the seat legs. Look at the holes on the leg - they line up with the holes in the pad. The pads mount on angle brackets to the frame and sit under the plywood floor - the seat leg is aligned on top of the plywood I think. It's been a while since I worked on a '34 SE Desoto but that's how I remember it. Can't place the two brackets in front. Maybe someone else can help.

By the way, I have a SE Desoto die cast hood trim strip - lower - and a '35-6 C2-C10 fender skirt available reasonable if anyone can use them. Cars are long gone:(

Guest brickyardboy
The shaft with rods is for the accelerator pedal. It mounts to the firewall and goes across just behind the motor right above the head. It looks similar to the one on my 1936 Airstream so it's probably right for the 35 Desoto. I have no idea what the other parts are.

Thank you for that info.

Bill

Guest brickyardboy
First picture - top piece is a leg for the front seat - seat adjuster rails attach or are welded to the top of it. The triangular pieces are mounting pads for the seat legs. Look at the holes on the leg - they line up with the holes in the pad. The pads mount on angle brackets to the frame and sit under the plywood floor - the seat leg is aligned on top of the plywood I think. It's been a while since I worked on a '34 SE Desoto but that's how I remember it. Can't place the two brackets in front. Maybe someone else can help.

By the way, I have a SE Desoto die cast hood trim strip - lower - and a '35-6 C2-C10 fender skirt available reasonable if anyone can use them. Cars are long gone:(

Thanks Jim for the information........Bill

Guest JohnArthurSpinks
Thanks Jim for the information........Bill

Hi Guys,

The two brackets at the bottom of the first picture are the hood hinge brackets that bolt to the underside of the hood and the large through bolt is the pivot that bolts to the body.

All Airflows employed this hinge method albeit with a slight variation from '34 to '37

John Spinks Aussie Airflow C9 Coupe

Guest brickyardboy
Hi Guys,

The two brackets at the bottom of the first picture are the hood hinge brackets that bolt to the underside of the hood and the large through bolt is the pivot that bolts to the body.

All Airflows employed this hinge method albeit with a slight variation from '34 to '37

John Spinks Aussie Airflow C9 Coupe

Thanks, John, for that information.

Bill