Antique Auto Appraisal Article??

bluetaxi

Our region here in Interior Alaska is working on a newsletter issue (Vernon L Nash Region's Nash's News) to cover antique and collector car appraisal, insurance, titles & registration. Has any other AACA Region newsletter done an article on auto appraisal that we might re-publish (with full credit to the author and regional newsletter)?

• 3 weeks later...
You might talk to Hagerty Insurance about how they come to an agreement on "agreed value." They may have published something in their magazine. You might talk to an appraiser if there is one in your area.

Thanks, Dave.

I did ask J.C. Taylor, and got a short article to cover insurance, and I got the head of our State DMV to write an article on registration. As far as valuation appraisal, I am pulling together a compilation of material from a number of references for the issue, but am surprised that no region NL seems to have done and article on appraising old cars with all the judging being so central to many region's activities. I would have thought that various folks with appraisal businesses in more metropolitan areas would have jumped at the opportunity to have an AACA readership for an article on that subject. The issue where we are is that there are none of the "certified" appraisers, but are several local folks whose opinions are respected - the only issue is when /if legal claim might arise and an "expert" is required.